Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Tight Ends

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default 2015 Tight Ends

Two weeks in and our tight ends have a total of two catches and I don't know that they've been targeted a lot more than that. Has our offense had a philosophical change, are we keeping that in our back pocket, are they just not getting open, or too many other mouths to feed? This is not a complaint or a call out of play calls, merely an observation for discussion this week since there isn't much else to talk about this week.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Default Re: 2015 Tight Ends

I'm going with back pocket. Waiting for the right matchups. I sure hope our staff isn't showing every play in the playbook in the first two games.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I'm going with back pocket. Waiting for the right matchups. I sure hope our staff isn't showing every play in the playbook in the first two games.
    I keep hoping back pocket also. I keep waiting and waiting. Going to be interesting when we pull them out. They are usually a nice weapon against the 3-4

Against Montana, they were trying to spread everyone out and CW was getting a lot of pressure. The TEs were chipping away but then the passes were already in the air before they were downfield. In the Weber State game, they were open, but then so was everyone else. The Morlock TD on the wheel route could have easily gone to a TE if the safety turned out more. The Weber CBs were taking away the out routes, so our receivers were turning in and had a half step. Too easy to just throw it to them for 8 yards at a time. I think the TEs will get more involved as the season progresses. With guys like Morlock, Vraa, and RJ, defenders are going to start committing to them earlier and more often in passing situations creating all sorts of opportunities for our TEs to be one on one with LBers with no safety help. I think a lot of it is getting a feel for what other teams will do and some of it is getting our offense consistently handling pressure. The TEs have always been a large part of the offense and I don't see how that will change. It has just been coincidental the first two games negated the use of them for different reasons.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Two weeks in and our tight ends have a total of two catches and I don't know that they've been targeted a lot more than that. Has our offense had a philosophical change, are we keeping that in our back pocket, are they just not getting open, or too many other mouths to feed? This is not a complaint or a call out of play calls, merely an observation for discussion this week since there isn't much else to talk about this week.
    I think back pocket as well. Those options are all still on the table and will come out at the right time. I don't mind seeing those passes being redistributed if other options are open. Morlock, Shepherd (basically new regulars getting a new share of the opportunities) etc. are just more dangerous/explosive options than a TE. I'm guessing we will still see plenty of Albers and company; especially in the redzone

It's non conference. Were not going to show much unless we need it

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It's non conference. Were not going to show much unless we need it
    Bullshit. We showed quite a few different looks for Chase. They're not holding back some amazing TE play. I just think Montana shut it down and there were too many other options against Weber.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Bullshit. We showed quite a few different looks for Chase. They're not holding back some amazing TE play. I just think Montana shut it down and there were too many other options against Weber.
    50/50......Some of it is due to the D and what they are giving, but I think some of it is be design. During the pre-season, I think we are consciously working on the receives and CM packages....we know what we have with our TE packages. PLus...when we get to conference play teams will have to decide how they want to play us and then of course we will change accordingly. LOTS of Weapons

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    50/50......Some of it is due to the D and what they are giving, but I think some of it is be design. During the pre-season, I think we are consciously working on the receives and CM packages....we know what we have with our TE packages. PLus...when we get to conference play teams will have to decide how they want to play us and then of course we will change accordingly. LOTS of Weapons
    Right. As the year goes on more and more comes out of the back pocket...which is why if you make it to the championship game you end up passing to the O-lineman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonville GasMan View Post
    Right. As the year goes on more and more comes out of the back pocket...which is why if you make it to the championship game you end up passing to the O-lineman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I love those 2 point conversions