Page 5 of 96 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Sundogs

Default Re: UND vs. NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Let's not get crazy here. Sure un_ is 2-0, but they haven't played anyone yet. They look like they are headed in the right direction, but they are still in the Weber State and below USD part of FCS. The Bison are still a title contender looking for 5 in a row. I have no doubt the Bison coaching staff will have the players ready to go but as a fan, I can say this 8 days a week, these teams are no where near each other. This game will not be close. I don't care if un_ has spent the last two years game planning for this game, they don't have enough juice yet to make this a game as long as the Bison simply execute and take care of business on the field. I don't care about any given Saturday. un_ has to have the absolute perfect storm against a team who is perfectly willing to break a game down to every play. It has happened to rarely where the opponent has put together the perfect storm and had the talent to close it out. This will not be one of those games. un_ does not have the talent throughout their roster to have the 48 things that have to happen simultaneously happen for them to pull this off.

My only fear in this game is that some Bison fans stain the professionalism we have established as being one of the top fanbases in college football. As a NDSU alum and Bison fan, I want nothing more than our fan reaction being no different than hosting any other opponent in the Fargodome. Be loud, be excited, but be respectful to Bison pride. un_ has done nothing to deserve any special treatment.
    UND has done plenty to deserve special treatment. They own the head to head. They owned the last decade of games.

I want to hear Sioux Suck Shit the entire game. Anything can happen. College football can be weird. I recall a 40 point favorite USC losing to a young John Harbaugh led Stanford team. I recall Pitt beating West Virginia when of WV won... They were going to the National Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Same here.

When they last played, I was still in high school and depended on my family to get tickets. They weren't big NDSU fans and never cared enough to get tickets to the NDSU/UND game so I always had to watch on TV.
    I was there at the last one. I only got to go to a couple of them... The Bison lost 13-10 I think at Memorial and obviously the heartbreaker at the Alerus. Missed the 16-13 win because my dad's cousin decided to get married. Had to watch in my grandma's basement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbear99 View Post
    I have never even seen one on TV either.
    I only got to see maybe 5 or 6 on TV.

Bison should win. And they damn well better or my phone is going to blow the fuck up.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbear99 View Post
    This will be the first NDSU/UND game I will have seen.
    It will be my first since '85 or '86. I had to work for 20 years before I could take time off for games.

UND doesn't deserve to get this game. They didn't help us get our hockey team going when it was a club team, why should we help their club football team?

The Bison won 3 national championships while I was enrolled, all I heard from my und friends was "who cares? All we care about is hockey."

All I care is we keep 1 North Dakota hockey team and 1 North Dakota (State) Football team. Just the way it's been.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    and there will be a concerted effort to give this game as little attention as possible on here.
    Why did you want to live in the past and exaggerate the importance and significance of the game?! The rivalry died 12 years ago. They don't play again for three years. It really is just another Big Sky opponent for the Bison. Another sellout in the FargoDome. Another overmatched opponent. True educated fans know that theSouth Dakota State is a much more important and significant game.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    UND has done plenty to deserve special treatment. They own the head to head. They owned the last decade of games. <-- different era and it is always about what have you done lately. Even when they won the head to heads it was about the championships. They would trade in a heart beat. Nothing special there.

I want to hear Sioux Suck Shit the entire game. <-- I hope you are one of the ones staying home. This is the very reason NDSU doesn't need this game. Classless dumbfucks who think this is somehow necessary.

Anything can happen. College football can be weird. I recall a 40 point favorite USC losing to a young John Harbaugh led Stanford team. I recall Pitt beating West Virginia when of WV won... They were going to the National Championship. <-- so rare you remember them
    I responded within the quotes.

The Bison go as Carson Wentz goes. Good game from him and we'll win by a couple of touchdowns. If not...it will be very close.

The Weber St. game gave some of our young players a chance to gain confidence. That's huge.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    UND has done plenty to deserve special treatment. They own the head to head. They owned the last decade of games.

I want to hear Sioux Suck Shit the entire game. Anything can happen. College football can be weird. I recall a 40 point favorite USC losing to a young John Harbaugh led Stanford team. I recall Pitt beating West Virginia when of WV won... They were going to the National Championship.

I was there at the last one. I only got to go to a couple of them... The Bison lost 13-10 I think at Memorial and obviously the heartbreaker at the Alerus. Missed the 16-13 win because my dad's cousin decided to get married. Had to watch in my grandma's basement.

I only got to see maybe 5 or 6 on TV.

Bison should win. And they damn well better or my phone is going to blow the fuck up.
    It is people who act like you why this game should never happen. I just want us to get the win and come out injury free and especially cheap shot injury free.

The old chant should not come back. No way. No how.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Never went away.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Never went away.
    Then it should go away...diffuse that kind of bullshit...play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Totally agree.