Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Happened to Our Defense at Montana

Default Re: What Happened to Our Defense at Montana

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Thanks Mak, I argue though it was due to too much pass early in game on early downs.

Possibly help keep Carson healthy with more runs. Brock had difficulty with the deep ball also.

Couldn't run late because they didn't run early. Lost the game in the 1st half. Wore the d late because didn't run early etc.
    I dont disagree about too much early passing. and that right there is what scares me.....did the coaches think we had to score a lot to win. If so that's not good.

I do think we still had a chance to employ the P-run game and be successful in the third.

Agreed, Brock did not have a solid deep ball, but he was a strong runner and could hit the middle passes. Once CW was hurt neither UNI or MT had to worry about either from CW. In my mind both those loses are on the Coach.

MT was Just a puzzling game all the way around. BTW after re watching, I did not think we played as bad as it seemed. at least it was not all doom and gloom as some on here have made it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    The defense allowed 92 plays and gave up 38 points and made Stitt look like a genius. Montana won the One on one match ups consistently and that concerns me about talent we put on the field. The defense was gassed and nonexistent at the end of the game. The depth was obviously not there. The pass defense looked slow and confused most of the game but I'm not sure if that was bad scheming or just slow players.

The fact that Cal Poly held Montana's offense in check indicates that the Grizzlies are not the offensive juggernaut that we were thinking. The Bison just played poorly.

Regardless of how much people say the Bison will have to rely on the offense this year there is no way we will win consistently without a good defense. The next two games are critical in getting this defense up to speed for a brutal conference schedule.
    Montana hurt themselves on offense more than Cal Poly did to stop it. I've never seen more dropped passes and poor execution. If Montana would have played on offense against Cal Poly like they did against NDSU, the Griz would have beat Cal Poly by a few touchdowns. The Griz played poorly on offense last Saturday.

As for the Bison defense, they'll be just fine this year. They may not be as strong as in years past, but a few more games will help the defense get up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by GetEmGriz View Post
    Montana hurt themselves on offense more than Cal Poly did to stop it. I've never seen more dropped passes and poor execution.
    Is that the classic "If those passes wouldn't have been incomplete, they would have been completed" excuse?

If so; If NDSU wouldn't have lost that game, we totally would have won.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Is that the classic "If those passes wouldn't have been incomplete, they would have been completed" excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post

We got beat by the Griz because they outplayed us and because they had the best QB on the field. Give them credit--its deserved!

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am very frustrated with the number of fouls committed by our team under this new management.

Bohl would never tolerate such nonsense.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    We got beat by the Griz because they outplayed us and because they had the best QB on the field. Give them credit--its deserved!

Sent from my iPhone.
    CAS........please tell your Montana girlfriend to stop using your name to post here! Either that or she must already have you wrapped around her little finger.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    CAS........please tell your Montana girlfriend to stop using your name to post here! Either that or she must already have you wrapped around her little finger.
    I was at the game, Dave, and saw what happened. We were outplayed on both sides of the ball, and they had the best QB on the field that day. Not saying Gustafson (sp?) is always gonna be better than CW, but he was that day. And we also got out coached that day too.

All IMO of course.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

Sent from my iPhone.

So you have been taking shots at Carson in quite a few threads lately. Do you really think he is that bad? Or did Pucknut piss in your cheerios. You keep screaming about him overthrow receivers on long go routes. If you are going to miss on them that is where it should be, either your guy catches it or it is incomplete. Carson may miss on some of those throws but he is also protecting against a turnover. He is one of, well actually I will say he is the best arm to ever throw the ball at NDSU. We have not had a QB who can take the ball and be towards one sideline and throw it on a rope with accuracy to the other side of the field. Very rarely do the receivers not get their hands on the ball. Brock did a great job and won us 3 championships but Carson makes throws that he tried but couldn't do. The Griz Qb had a good day that day but he also had a ton of short easy throws to complete. Heck Carson completed a higher percentage than he did and that was with us losing about every 50-50 ball thrown against our D. Carson played crazy good until he rolled the ankle. That first half was dang good, 65% completion rate.
    Last edited by Bison"FANatic"; 09-10-2015 at 03:15 PM. Reason: incomplete to turnover (duh on my part)

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    So you have been taking shots at Carson in quite a few threads lately. Do you really think he is that bad? Or did Pucknut piss in your cheerios. You keep screaming about him overthrow receivers on long go routes. If you are going to miss on them that is where it should be, either your guy catches it or it is incomplete. Carson may miss on some of those throws but he is also protecting against a incomplete pass. He is one of, well actually I will say he is the best arm to ever throw the ball at NDSU. We have not had a QB who can take the ball and be towards one sideline and throw it on a rope with accuracy to the other side of the field. Very rarely do the receivers not get their hands on the ball. Brock did a great job and won us 3 championships but Carson makes throws that he tried but couldn't do. The Griz Qb had a good day that day but he also had a ton of short easy throws to complete. Heck Carson completed a higher percentage than he did and that was with us losing about every 50-50 ball thrown against our D. Carson played crazy good until he rolled the ankle. That first half was dang good, 65% completion rate.
    Montana's QB had a good game. A great game for his first start. He played much better than at least I was expecting. Carson played a good game too I would say, definitely not his best. Couple of misses early on, and his ankle obviously effected him late.

With all that said I seriously doubt any NFL scout at that game moved the Montana kid above Carson on any of their lists. The talent gap between the two was obvious even though Montana came out on top. Their victory was a team effort and not the result of them having the better QB.