Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Weber State, 2015 Edition

Default Weber State, 2015 Edition

What does Weber St. bring this year?

Default Re: Weber State

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    What does Weber St. bring this year?
    Hopefully a return from the ledge on Bisonville.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The loss is beginning to sink in a bit and starting to sting. The fan base really needs a game this weekend.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Our next two opponents games this weekend (Weber St. Vs OR State and UN_ vs Wyoming) will present a better picture of what we are up against. Personally I think the Whioux are a harder game than what a lot of people are expecting. They had a decent defense and will probably be improved again this year. For this game...last years game vs Weber was not won until late 2nd half and included a defensive score. Their defense played very well vs our offense but I have no idea what/who they return this year. Both of these games are loseable if the Bison show up and lay an egg
    Last edited by ZHerd; 09-03-2015 at 04:24 PM.

tolnabison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Our next two opponents games this weekend (Weber St. Vs OR State and UN_ vs Wyoming will present a better picture of what we are up against. Personally I think the Whioux are a harder game than what a lot of people are expecting. They had a decent defense and will probably be improved again this year. For this game...last years game vs Weber was not won until late 2nd half and included a defensive score. Their defense played very well vs our offense but I have no idea what/who they return this year. Both of these games are loseable if the Bison show up and lay an egg
    They had a decent defense last year. Return quite a few guys. Also are starting But can they move the ball on offense? They didn't decide on a QB until late in camp. His stats (26-75, 34%, 6 INTs, 2 TDs, 276 yards in 4 games) are very underwhelming last year. Also they are weak at the RB position. Three out of their five RB's are hurt, and they are listing a 170lb true freshman at starter. Granted they should be more healthy by week 3 of the season. Not one of their returning WR's has over 275 yards. I don't see their offense being overwhelming. By than our defensive will have improved immensely.

The interesting thing about Weber St was they lost their first 9 games of the year least year (before winning 2 or their last 3) and their most lopsided loss in that stretch outside of 31 point season opening beatdown against Arizona St was their 17 point loss to NDSU.

They were picked 10th and 11th of 13 in the Big Sky coaches and media polls, respectively (one spot behind UND in each). They return their leading rusher in bruising RB Zach Smith (6'0" 220) who averaged 5.8 ypc last year and was preseason 3rd team All-Big Sky. Not really sure who their QB will be, they return both Billy Green (who threw every pass against NDSU) and Jadrian Clark (who started the last 5 games of the season). Both put up serviceable but not spectacular numbers. They lost their top receiver but their 2nd leading receiver Cam Livingston returns (856 receiving yards, 1 TD). They lose two of their top 3 tacklers on defense but the one they return, Emmett Tela, is a preseason 1st team All-Big Sky LB.

I remember they had one receiver last year who tore us up. I believe he was an FBS transfer from somewhere. Wonder if that guy is still there?

tolnabison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I remember they had one receiver last year who tore us up. I believe he was an FBS transfer from somewhere. Wonder if that guy is still there?
    Shaydon Kehano, gradauted.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Shaydon Kehano, gradauted.
    Yep, that name sounds familiar. Heard it too many times last year.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Isn't this what a lot of you guys thought going to Montana? Maybe your defense will only be good at home this year?
    Go change your pants, your getting pretty ripe.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!