Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: wyonation.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: wyonation.

Quote Originally Posted by On_the_road View Post
    When a coaching staff comes in and has to create a culture it takes time to develop the players. They need two more years of recruiting their type of player and developing them to play their style of football. When Bohl came to Fargo the culture was already in place. He didn't have to create one from scratch. He and his staff have a very difficult time ahead of them. Hopefully they will be given the time to develop their recruits and build the culture they need to be successful.
    I absolutely agree with the bolded sentence.

However, when you look at the two classes Bohl has brought into WY, the bulk of them he signed had other offers from primarily FCS schools, not FBS. I know you could make the argument that if you had 85 kids that were like the 2009 and 2010 classes that he recruited at NDSU that you can win some FBS games, but really, can you be competitive in the MWC with the likes of Boise State, Colorado State, etc. week in and week out? Winning one FBS game a year with that talent is one thing, but every week?

I'm asking, because I don't know the answer. He should be given two more years regardless to see if that strategy will work.

The problem isn't the staff, it is Laramie. half of the recruits they have brought in have left. It isn't ideal. Tough job. But, he knew that.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I absolutely agree with the bolded sentence.

However, when you look at the two classes Bohl has brought into WY, the bulk of them he signed had other offers from primarily FCS schools, not FBS. I know you could make the argument that if you had 85 kids that were like the 2009 and 2010 classes that he recruited at NDSU that you can win some FBS games, but really, can you be competitive in the MWC with the likes of Boise State, Colorado State, etc. week in and week out? Winning one FBS game a year with that talent is one thing, but every week?

I'm asking, because I don't know the answer. He should be given two more years regardless to see if that strategy will work.
    Those kids can win FCS games in year 1 and year 2, but they are mostly developmental kids that take a few years to mature and grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    The problem isn't the staff, it is Laramie. half of the recruits they have brought in have left. It isn't ideal. Tough job. But, he knew that.
    Bingo.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

They do not deserve Bohl.. what a bunch of dip shits

ND baggage? What does that even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    ND baggage? What does that even mean?
    It's a suitcase stuffed full with these:

It is fun to watch the implosions on other schools' message boards.

Their talking about "stepping up to the big leagues" when they lost to UND.

They really think Laramie isn't a challenge to recruit to and it's easier than Fargo That is funny. Apparently they don't realize Fargo Moorhead metro itself is about half the size of the entire state of Wyoming. Heck we even have 2 interstates ane an airport which they dont. And more than 1 Applebees.

And they think their Bowl game 5 years ago apparently gives them more exposure than the FCS. Let's see how many viewers our 4 National Championships, 2 College Game Days, and 7 espn playoff games compared to their 1 Bowl game. It's laughable.

Beat UND and then we'll talk.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Wyoming's football program used to be a source of great pride for the entire state. I related to their struggle as a small state school trying to compete against some much bigger opposition; which they did successfully many times. But, let's face it, David will usually get clobbered by Goliath and getting clobbered is not a pathway to success....you just end up dead. If the Bohl era is not successful for Wyoming, it's probably time for them to move to FCS. FCS is a great place to be!