Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: wyonation.

Default wyonation.

See what happens when your team loses to UND?

Default Re: wyonation.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    See what happens when your team loses to UND?
    As well it should. They know what just happened.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Comments like this from a Wyoming fan seem to indicate that many fans think there is a big difference between a G5 team and a quality (not sure if the Whioux are quality yet) FCS team.

"Even if UND manages to win the FCS, they still shouldn't be able to dominate Wyoming like that."
    It's OK to not be OK.

Duplicate post
    It's OK to not be OK.

Couple my buddy Bison buddies were at that game and said UND's rush defense is for real. Reminded them in the 90's. Said they could very well shut our rushing down too. Looking forward to the game. Might be a great one. My entire memory of UND is getting our butts kicked considering what happened before we went D1. Let's hope that doesn't continue.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Couple my buddy Bison buddies were at that game and said UND's rush defense is for real. Reminded them in the 90's. Said they could very well shut our rushing down too. Looking forward to the game. Might be a great one. My entire memory of UND is getting our butts kicked considering what happened before we went D1. Let's hope that doesn't continue.
    They are correct---their real weakness is their safeties and corners.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Highly unlikely. More likely that Polasek will forget to call the run plays in the playbook.

You must be young. My recollections of UN_ are quite different.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's really not that hard to shut down our rushing game or offense in general . . . since we run between the tackles way too much and don't throw a ball farther than 10 yards, all you have to do is stack the box every play and have your corners play in and watch for out patterns . . . 10 yards is all the defense needs to cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    It's really not that hard to shut down our rushing game or offense in general . . . since we run between the tackles way too much and don't throw a ball farther than 10 yards, all you have to do is stack the box every play and have your corners play in and watch for out patterns . . . 10 yards is all the defense needs to cover.
    Good analysis. It's amazing how we ever win a game. We could have made a playoff run recently with a different offense. Maybe our next head coach will figure it out.