Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fire vigen.... Save the pokes!

Default Re: Fire vigen.... Save the pokes!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I think Bohl must not have fully grasped just how hard this would be. I bet he thought he could lure some kids from our area to Wyo, only to find NDSU is not easy to recruit against......
    Bohl hasn't beating NDSU or SDSU for recurits very often. And they continue the exact same trends the 2011 and 2012 Bison recruits had. Terrible attrition. By my count their first recruiting class has already lost about 30% of the players, and that's after 1 year. And they were the good players they beat us on. Winters. Vega. John Jackson. To top that off, they have the least number of seniors of any team in the nation. No joke. Nobody wants to go there. They are getting players on the level of USD or players from way too far away.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I would not take Vigen back

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I would not take Vigen back
    Bohl compared him to a young Tom Osbourne... but must have forgot to say a mentally challenged version.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Bohl compared him to a young Tom Osbourne... but must have forgot to say a mentally challenged version.
    It was in CB best interest to hype him. He would have to beg like a MF....Still bitter :-)

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    I said that when he took the job. His style of program takes a long time to build. They won't give him that much time.
    Honestly, I really thought he would be able to implement some parts of his style pretty quickly. Namely, running the ball. He has always had success at NDSU running the football even when there have been questions marks everywhere else. It is a young offensive line but they all were either starters last year or had a lot of playing time. Brian Hill is a sophomore running back who gained 700+ yards last year at a 5.5 YPC clip. They had the running game to build around right now. He doesn't need an all-American QB. He needs a game manager who can dump off passes to TEs and RBs. What he does isn't rocket science. It is very simple, high percentage offense that needs to do nothing but get 10 yards every three plays. I truly believed he could have this part down sooner rather than later. Defensively, his philosophy needs guys who can make one on one plays in space. It isn't just being able to learn disciplined, assignment football. It is you are going to be in a position where you have to make plays on your own if the team defense is going to succeed. If everyone needs help, there will be too many open spaces on the field to get torn apart. His Tampa 2 concept isn't about help, it is about layers. When guys can't be trusted to take care of their responsibilities, it takes away from the entire defense. This takes time to develop. I fully expected his defenses to be exploited at times until he gets his two deep on the same page which just doesn't happen very quickly.

I would never have though any FCS team outside the top 10 would give the cowboys this kind of beatdown. 279 yards rushing and 37 minutes TOP. Negligible yards in the rushing offense. I don't know how you go back to anyone and say we are on the right path if you are CB. They were throttled in the areas of the game they should be ahead in and everything else was terribly negated by being throttled in the first thing. NDSU is busy going through its own growing pains right now, but the Bison loss was to a very good team in their house where the game was still undecided until very late. The cowboys had a mediocre FCS team in their house and the game was over in the 1st quarter. If I were asked a few weeks ago what kind of rope Bohl had. I would have answered that is should be very long. He is trying to change the culture of a program. This loss would make even the most ardent Bohl fan (which incidentally I am still not happy about the way he left although I did expect him to leave, so I am not an ardent Bohl fan) reconsider if he is even making a dent.

Good post td. I am back in Green River now, but still totally stunned by how terrible the Cowboy football team performed. There was absolutely nothing on the field today that resembled Bohl's tenure at NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    Good post td. I am back in Green River now, but still totally stunned by how terrible the Cowboy football team performed. There was absolutely nothing on the field today that resembled Bohl's tenure at NDSU.
    How was UND where the Pokes that bad or is UNOD actuality that good

UND was good enough that we are going to have a game on our hands on the 19th.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Gotta be a combination. Wyomings run game last year was solid and I think the Whioux defense is for real. I don't think anything else about Wy is good though