Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming from Florida for home opener

Default Coming from Florida for home opener

Howdy,

My fiancé and I are coming up from Jacksonville, FL for the home opener. We have never been to a NDSU game before or even been to Fargo, but we are huge football fans. I am looking for recommendations and help for a couple of tourists to take in tailgating and pre-game festivities.

Thank you.

Default Re: Coming from Florida for home opener

Most tailgating spots will welcome you in with open arms. Come early we can start to tailgate 5 hours before the game.
    PM me I and can let you know where are spot is and phone number of mine to call that day.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

show up and enjoy.....hopefully the rain stays away Saturday
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Have a safe trip to Fargo and welcome to the Fargo Dome! We Bison fans certainly enjoy our version of college football atmosphere. Hope you have a great time!

Stop by the Horny Bison tailgate group for a some jagbombs. I assume you already have tickets as all games are sold out. Downtown Fargo is a good time the night before and after the game. Check out Scheels (huge sporting goods store) for some Bison apparel. Take a tour of campus and if during daytime hours can also stop by NDSU Bookstore for Bison clothing, etc. Another place to go is the Hjemkomst Center (full scale replica Viking ship that sailed the Atlantic and full scale replica of a 12th century Norwegian church) just past downtown in Moorhead. Have a great time. Introduce yourself at tailgate and you will likely get food, beverages and tours of some of the big tailgate rigs.

And when you stop by Scheels, make sure you get the right color for your section. For this game the even numbers wear yellow and the odd numbers wear green.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Stop by the Horny Bison tailgate group for a some jagbombs. I assume you already have tickets as all games are sold out. Downtown Fargo is a good time the night before and after the game. Check out Scheels (huge sporting goods store) for some Bison apparel. Take a tour of campus and if during daytime hours can also stop by NDSU Bookstore for Bison clothing, etc. Another place to go is the Hjemkomst Center (full scale replica Viking ship that sailed the Atlantic and full scale replica of a 12th century Norwegian church) just past downtown in Moorhead. Have a great time. Introduce yourself at tailgate and you will likely get food, beverages and tours of some of the big tailgate rigs.
    Excellant advice here

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    And when you stop by Scheels, make sure you get the right color for your section. For this game the even numbers wear yellow and the odd numbers wear green.
    Even better advice
    Stop by the north west corner of the tailgate and introduce yourself and have some food and drink. Look for Gus the Green Wind Dancer
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaTazz View Post
    Howdy,

My fiancé and I are coming up from Jacksonville, FL for the home opener. We have never been to a NDSU game before or even been to Fargo, but we are huge football fans. I am looking for recommendations and help for a couple of tourists to take in tailgating and pre-game festivities.

Thank you.
    Just curious, what is your connection to Bison football?

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaTazz View Post
    Howdy,

Thank you.
    We just moved from the Jacksonville area. Just missed us by a couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Just curious, what is your connection to Bison football?
    Thank you everyone! I will message y'all tonight. We arrive Thusday night and are starting off with dinner at the Wurst House and drinks at Dekker.

For Christmas I told Emily we could go to any football game she wanted. Could be Army v. Navy, Iron Bowl, Super Bowl, etc. She picked NDSU! Being fans of Gus Bradley here helps as well.

Yes we got tickets. We were on the phone and hitting refresh August 1. We are right behind the Weber State section it appears.