Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: USD will now offer FCOA...SDSU, UNI, and Montana'son the clock....

Default Re: USD will now offer FCOA, SDSU, UNI, and Montana's on the clock....

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Wow. After what Stig has done for them, I am shocked they would treat him this way. Much better to shutter sports to keep a marquee sport competitive, than do this. My goodness. Unless something change, the power program in SD very well could head south despite the horrible facilities at USD.

Thank you to SDSU for ceding all great South Dakota kids to NDSU since USD does not have the facilities/tradition to compete. We will also enjoy the Iowa, MN, and Nebraska kids you could have gotten, too.
    It has always been the intent at SDSU to begin COA for BB first, bring in the other sports as the funding is put into place. Sell has stated we won't do COA by press conference (a slap at USD), but will have our funding in place and gradually bring on all sports. This really is nothing new. I know they are working on it, I have heard all sports COA will be announced in 2016, implemented in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    It has always been the intent at SDSU to begin COA for BB first, bring in the other sports as the funding is put into place. Sell has stated we won't do COA by press conference (a slap at USD), but will have our funding in place and gradually bring on all sports. This really is nothing new. I know they are working on it, I have heard all sports COA will be announced in 2016, implemented in 2017.
    so what you just said....you continue to chase NDSU.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

You need to shutter some sports. The sooner your AD and President realize that, the better off Stig and Nagy will be. If SDSU chooses the current "easy" path, I feel very bad for your marquee sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    so what you just said....you continue to chase NDSU.
    If by chasing, you mean not raising mandatory fees on current students to provide COA stipends to our student athletes, then I'm just fine with that.
    Jackrabbit1979 - Bringing delusional Bison fans back down to earth since 2004.

Dude.

They said travel and equipment/supplies.

Just wait until when the students realize that money is fungible and that their fee is paying student athletes a wage!!!
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Dude.

Just wait until when the students realize that money is fungible and that their fee is paying student athletes a wage!!!
    I'd actually be more inclined to approve it if they just came out and said it was for the players COA but that's just me. But would that really be what it's for? Isn't it actually to pay for administrative overhead and raises senior staff in the athletic directors office? A bigger trophy room? Leather couches in the lounge? Organic options on the training table? Retaining coaches?

Travel and equipment seems like a strange place to point in any case. Is the budget for that really doubling in the next three years? Where are we going that we're not going now?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Dude.

I can't tell if this is directed at me or not, or if you are agreeing with me or not? In any matter, I would agree about the crankiness over the shifting of funding to pay for what the true increase to the department budget is.
    Jackrabbit1979 - Bringing delusional Bison fans back down to earth since 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I'd actually be more inclined to approve it if they just came out and said it was for the players COA but that's just me. But would that really be what it's for? Isn't it actually to pay for administrative overhead and raises senior staff in the athletic directors office? A bigger trophy room? Leather couches in the lounge? Organic options on the training table? Retaining coaches?

Travel and equipment seems like a strange place to point in any case. Is the budget for that really doubling in the next three years? Where are we going that we're not going now?
    If its travel its for travel. It will spill over to other areas. Reality is we need more money for everthing including coaching raises and new positions. Thats if we don't want to keep seeing our coaches pouched. Heck we just lost 2 coaches to friggin Jamestown. Seriously?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If its travel its for travel. It will spill over to other areas. Reality is we need more money for everthing including coaching raises and new positions. Thats if we don't want to keep seeing our coaches pouched. Heck we just lost 2 coaches to friggin Jamestown. Seriously?
    And your student body will be paying for it. I bet that Chem major will be thrilled with his fees going to pay for another assistant FB coach.

And your student body will be paying for it. I bet that Chem major will be thrilled with his fees going to pay for another assistant FB coach.
    I guess that's our problem.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix