Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to Barneson?

Default Re: What happened to Barneson?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Wouldn't have won the title last year without some pretty clutch 40+ yards FGs earlier in the game by Keller (one on 4th and 15 and the other on 4th and 20).
    To bad we can't magic up another year of eligibility for the kid.

If we don't have someone who can make them with a degree of reliability, we shouldn't attempt them and we should adjust the play calling in the maroon zone accordingly.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Maybe Pederson is better?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

It's taken me a while, but I've come around to audit's way of thinking on this. FGs still make sense in some cases, obviously. But the worse your kicker is the less it makes sense to attempt them. It's back to that whole expected outcome thing.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I remember a time when we valued field goals so much that our nose guard kicked them. Anyone else remember kickoffs and field goals by Shawn Stewart?
    Insert something clever here...

Can we get this back on track: what happened to Barneson? Is there any concrete information outside of speculation?

I know Coach K mentioned that he still planned on using Barneson in some situations not very long ago which is what is so strange.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Can we get this back on track: what happened to Barneson? Is there any concrete information outside of speculation?

I know Coach K mentioned that he still planned on using Barneson in some situations not very long ago which is what is so strange.
    I just tweeted Izzo and Kolpack. Lakes probably got the text but he can't post here so I went to the second and third best choices.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

From what I can remember, Barneson had a pretty decent leg...he could get some good air underneath his kicks and the ball would just hang in the air forever...he just needed to work on distance then he would have looked like an NFL kicker in my opinion...disappointing we are not using him, he looked like someone with a lot of potential. It is even more disappointing to find out he is not on the roster anymore if this is true...

Barneson sent out a tweet when the team plane was approaching Missoula...

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Did I miss something? Was just now updating the roster, and he's no longer on it. Did he ever show up at camp?
    I've been wondering the same........

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Pulled up last yrs roster and read his bio and it's updated to this yr......says "left the team during the open week following the Montana game"