Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: joe haeg

Default Re: joe haeg

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Biggest reason is these guys get paid so much they now want to live out their rich spoiled lives in assured comfort......seems like this might have some contradictions when playing a violent sport. When they start changing rules of the game I call bullshit.
    As someone who stopped counting how many concussions I had after having 10 by the age of 24, and has been feeling the after effects for the past few years, I understand the reasoning why former players are committing suicide and why the league needs to make changes. No matter how tough one might be, the body can only protect the brain so much. There is no amount of money in the world to buy "assured comfort" once the brain starts to deteriorate.

Yes, the new rules to protect the players suck for us fans, but the league has a responsibility to protect the players, including from themselves.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Yeah, the brain is a delicate thing. There's a reason it's encased in bone.

The field condition thing likely had more to do with rolled ankles and twisted knees.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Yeah, the brain is a delicate thing. There's a reason it's encased in bone.

The field condition thing likely had more to do with rolled ankles and twisted knees.
    That's all true. However, I was just pointing out the reason why the NFL is now hypersensitive about player safety.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Enjoy the sport as it is, before we die we will be watching flag football

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

It's possible. The physical evolution of the athlete, especially for football, in regards to strength, speed and size is too much for the body to develop a way to protect itself. Hopefully, someone has a paradigm shift in regards to protective equipment because the current methods aren't good enough yet to protect athletes from themselves.
    Hail the BISON!!!

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Bunch of spoiled overpaid crybabies in the NFL right now. Don't hold a candle in toughness to the guys that played the game up until the 1980's. Then the salaries got out of control and the pussification of the sport began. What's next? Can't play the game because of too much rain? too much snow? too hot?, too cold? Fans too loud?
    Are you a parody account?

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

I can see the time coming when the NFL will initiate weight restrictions for players, especially O linemen and D linemen.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I can see the time coming when the NFL will initiate weight restrictions for players, especially O linemen and D linemen.
    Perhaps they will require these as part of the uniform.*

*this shall serve as documented proof that I thought of this idea first and own any and all rights to this or any related concept.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looks like Haeg could be starting at RT in the first preseason game. Joe Reitz will be the starting left tackle, but this is still very good news.

http://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/brun...e-colts-o-line

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Looks like Haeg could be starting at RT in the first preseason game. Joe Reitz will be the starting left tackle, but this is still very good news.

http://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/brun...e-colts-o-line

Good read. It can't be easy for Haig to be moved all over the line. I like his attitude about it though- it will make him a more valuable player. Interesting that when the starting right tackle went down with injury that the coaching staff moved Joe into the position over the more highly drafted player, third-round tackle Le’Raven Clark .