Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: joe haeg

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: joe haeg

http://www.colts.com/news/article-bu...c-50fecf1963f2
    Fifth-round pick Joe Haeg was a four-year starter at tackle in college, but he did spell Harrison at right guard during the offseason program.
    As of now, reserve roles for Clark, Haeg and Blythe appear to be the probable routes for their rookie campaigns.
    Nothing surprising. Looks like Haeg is a long shot to secure the starting right guard role, but realistically will remain on the roster as a reserve probably at one of the guard spots or right tackle.

Yesterday I read that the Colts first string OT went down with an injury and Joe was getting first team reps. There is a pretty high likelihood that he starts in the preseason game tonight vs the Packers that is on ESPN at 7:00pm central time. At minimum I would expect him to get a lot of playing time, which will be exciting to watch.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The following is off of a Colts fan forum and their posters are so atrociously ignorant it made me lol...

Sherk wrote:
    Haeg has a lot of experience blocking for a pretty good college QB, Wentz. While N.D. State is a pretty fast offense, it is not the "lightning" tempo offense that Texas Tech was where Clark came from.

While I think Clark has the physical potential to become a long-term starter in the NFL, it does not shock me that Haeg might be further along right now in T.C. because of the types of offenses they came out of.

About Kelly, the upside is that our pre-season is a week longer than most NFL teams so there will be plenty of opportunity for Kelly to get playing time and be ready for the regular season. I expect Kelly to play most of each pre-season game regardless of the rest of the O-Line rotation. I don't expect him to just play a series or two just because he is a "starter."

Cheers,

Coltsair wrote
    Haeg also played on an OL in which he apparently was good, but everyone else was godawful. That was one of the things that everyone kept saying on Carson Wentz which was that for as bad as his competition was, his supporting cast was that much worse and he didn't have much protection. That's why I was so perplexed when the Colts drafted a guy from there. Still, he apparently grades out well, but I say all of that to say that it would seem that Haeg is used to picking up the slack of those around him.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    The following is off of a Colts fan forum and their posters are so atrociously ignorant it made me lol...

Sherk wrote:
    Haeg has a lot of experience blocking for a pretty good college QB, Wentz. While N.D. State is a pretty fast offense, it is not the "lightning" tempo offense that Texas Tech was where Clark came from.

While I think Clark has the physical potential to become a long-term starter in the NFL, it does not shock me that Haeg might be further along right now in T.C. because of the types of offenses they came out of.

About Kelly, the upside is that our pre-season is a week longer than most NFL teams so there will be plenty of opportunity for Kelly to get playing time and be ready for the regular season. I expect Kelly to play most of each pre-season game regardless of the rest of the O-Line rotation. I don't expect him to just play a series or two just because he is a "starter."

Cheers,

Coltsair wrote
    Haeg also played on an OL in which he apparently was good, but everyone else was godawful. That was one of the things that everyone kept saying on Carson Wentz which was that for as bad as his competition was, his supporting cast was that much worse and he didn't have much protection. That's why I was so perplexed when the Colts drafted a guy from there. Still, he apparently grades out well, but I say all of that to say that it would seem that Haeg is used to picking up the slack of those around him.
    Oh..... My...... Gawd

Hall of Fame game canceled due to field conditions.

I literally found out after I started my PS Vue trial. FML
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What exactly is the issue with the field? Looks fine to me.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post

Sherk wrote:

Cheers,

Coltsair wrote
    I nominate for preposterous post of the year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    What exactly is the issue with the field? Looks fine to me.

Apparently the paint they used was causing problems with footing. They described it as "sticky and tarlike".
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can't have that now, can we?

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif