Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354

Thread: joe haeg

Default Re: joe haeg

I wonder if Joe Haeg has any interest in coaching.......you know, like becoming an OL coach anywhere....cough.... ... cough

Way to go Joe. Enjoy yourself!!!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Joe would be an a very successful coach anywhere.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Joe would be an a very successful coach anywhere.
    Just because he was a good player doesn't automatically make him a good coach. What's the old adage? People that can do and people that can't teach/coach.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Just because he was a good player doesn't automatically make him a good coach. What's the old adage? People that can do and people that can't teach/coach.
    And those that cant teach/coach are in administration. Insert ADML insult here.

If Joe wanted to coach, he's in a pretty good situation in that he doesnt have to worry about cutting his teeth at an NAIA or DIII school and making very little money. I personally do not think he should be starting his coaching career at a program like NDSU, unless its in an assistant o-line/QA role. I am as critical as anyone about Dan Larson, but he at least had several years of actual coaching under his belt before we handed the reigns over to him to coach the offensive line.

I see he majored in civil engineering, so I imagine he's interested in deploying that degree now that he's not playing football.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    When I was a teacher we also added those that can't teach - teach phys ed.

I'm not sure there is much correlation between how good a player is vs. how good of a coach they will be.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    When I was a teacher we also added those that can't teach - teach phys ed.

I'm not sure there is much correlation between how good a player is vs. how good of a coach they will be.