Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast

Thread: joe haeg

Default Re: joe haeg

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I too only yelled once and it was at the same time. Lucky he can block and stuff because they aren't calling that play again. Would have been an epic catch. Gosh dang it. Superbowl Champion.
    WR's and TE's are taught to move the ball (or at least try to) to their chests or up and away from a defender immediately after catching the ball; so what happened to Haeg shouldn't happen to a WR/TE. I really think the Bucs will use Joe in a similar situation again next season. It was a hell of a play. Maybe Joe just needs some more reps catching the ball. Smart play by the defender.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    man i feel bad for Joe. He catches that ball, he never buys a beer in Brainerd the rest of his life or Fargo
    Joe Haeg had a great game and got a Super Bowl ring so I don't feel bad for him. He shouldn't have to buy drinks in Brainerd (or Fargo.)

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Joe Haeg had a great game and got a Super Bowl ring so I don't feel bad for him. He shouldn't have to buy drinks in Brainerd (or Fargo.)
    I was on the road and only listened to the game. The pass play was mentioned of course and the announcers credited the defender and didn't criticize him at all. Did he play a lot? Sounded like the running game was going well - I assume he contributed since you said he had a great game.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    I was on the road and only listened to the game. The pass play was mentioned of course and the announcers credited the defender and didn't criticize him at all. Did he play a lot? Sounded like the running game was going well - I assume he contributed since you said he had a great game.
    TB's offense often has 6 lineman on field and Haeg is that extra lineman. I would say he was out there for 40% of the offensive plays. Especially when TB took a 2 score lead and started running a lot more.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    WR's and TE's are taught to move the ball (or at least try to) to their chests or up and away from a defender immediately after catching the ball; so what happened to Haeg shouldn't happen to a WR/TE. I really think the Bucs will use Joe in a similar situation again next season. It was a hell of a play. Maybe Joe just needs some more reps catching the ball. Smart play by the defender.
    Haeg has good hands, pretty sure we ran a pass play to him once. Defender made a hell of a play.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    this is also true.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Pretty sure he'll be a free agent. Saw articles today listing the Bills and Colts as potential suitors in free agency. He should be able to sign a solid contract based on his 2020 season.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

From the Ringer they listed winners and losers from the Super Bowl

Loser: A Failed Big Man Touchdown
    Mahomes’s receivers dropped plenty of brutal passes on Sunday night, but there was an even more devastating drop early in the second quarter, and it came from the Buccaneers. Facing a second-and-goal from the 2-yard line, Tampa Bay drew up a trick play designed to get backup offensive lineman Joe Haeg a touchdown. Unfortunately, Chiefs linebacker Anthony Hitchens sniffed out the play and put a hit on Haeg, causing the ball to pop loose. Sadly, his big offensive lineman hands are good at pushing massive opponents away, not reeling in small footballs.

I am a proud voter for the Piesman Trophy, which honors great achievements by linemen on atypical lineman plays. Sunday night would have been a historic moment in lineman history. So far as I can tell, Haeg would have been the first offensive lineman in Super Bowl history to gain yardage via a pass or run play. William “Refrigerator” Perry famously scored a touchdown for the Bears, and linebacker Mike Vrabel caught multiple Super Bowl touchdowns for the Patriots, but the big, burly, beautiful family of offensive linemen have a grand total of zero yards from scrimmage.

Vita Vea, the Buccaneers’ nose tackle, was also in the game on this play—and Vea did catch a touchdown pass last year, becoming the heaviest player to score a touchdown in NFL history. But Haeg had played 72 snaps as an eligible “tight end” for the Buccaneers this year, and they never ran a trick play targeting him. They spent all year teaching defenses not to worry about him in this exact scenario.

It was all set up perfectly—and it all came to nothing. Haeg got his opportunity on Sunday, but sadly he couldn’t complete the feat. Now we’re left waiting—and hoping—that maybe another lineman can next year.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Pretty sure he'll be a free agent. Saw articles today listing the Bills and Colts as potential suitors in free agency. He should be able to sign a solid contract based on his 2020 season.
    Yes, he signed a one year contract with Tampa Bay

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...signs.amp.html

Came across another name with a Fargo connection who also is with Tampa Bay - Jack Cichy - Twin Cities native who played for Wisconsin. Was a 6th round draft pick by TB in 2018 and has fought through injuries and gained roster spots. Son of Shanley great Steve Cichy and grandson of Sid Cichy.

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs...7-roster-moves

Unfortunately for Cichy, he was injured and did not play in the Super Bowl

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs...nship-playoffs

Trophy photo:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BadgerFoo...29535311405056

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Haeg has good hands, pretty sure we ran a pass play to him once. Defender made a hell of a play.
    Technically was a lateral (backwards pass) I think if I remember right for the NDSU play. Not sure if that was by design or he just didn't get moved up far enough to turn it into a pass.