Thread: Great game, Great people

Default Great game, Great people

Guys,

Just wanted to say thanks for a great weekend. We came over from Seattle for the game on Thursday and had great interactions with NDSU fans each day we were in Missoula. My only complaint was the smoke. I certainly hope you were treated well if you made the trek to Missoula. Rivalries are great, but they should be confined to the field. I know the Griz have great and welcoming fans, but I know we have a few yahoos too, and I hope you were able to avoid them. As for us, we bought a lot of beer for people in green and talked a lot of great football.

Here's wishing for both of us to run the table and to meet up in Frisco. Good luck the rest of the way, and don't be strangers on eGriz now that the game is over (well, except for Lakes. He can stay away).

See you in December! Go Bison, GO GRIZ!!

Default Re: Great game, Great people

The Griz fanbase is awesome.

It is always a tall order to make it back to Frisco, but if NDSU improves every week, it could happen. Gotta beat Weber State to get that ball rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The Griz fanbase is awesome.

It is always a tall order to make it back to Frisco, but if NDSU improves every week, it could happen. Gotta beat Weber State to get that ball rolling.
    I 2nd this........

Exactly this. I've lived in Billings for 40 years and graduated from NDSU in 1973. My first game at Washington-Grizzley ( fabulous) and everyone I ran into from both fan bases was superb. After the game I was in downtown and got nothing but praise for the Bison and not just a few worried about a rematch in December. Everyone wanted a rematch at Frisco and THAT would be crazy. And fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Timp View Post
    Exactly this. I've lived in Billings for 40 years and graduated from NDSU in 1973. My first game at Washington-Grizzley ( fabulous) and everyone I ran into from both fan bases was superb. After the game I was in downtown and got nothing but praise for the Bison and not just a few worried about a rematch in December. Everyone wanted a rematch at Frisco and THAT would be crazy. And fun.
    They would need a bigger venue.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    They would need a bigger venue.
    They've needed one the past 4 years. Frisco is a good host but when the FBS "Everybody Gets a Ribbon" bowls drawing 5,000-10,000 fans get large venues why shouldn't the FCS? Should be an at least 30,000 seat stadium IMO. Sure, it won't get filled every year, but that hasn't stopped any bowl game, most of which don't come close to selling out. At least they give all fans an opportunity to attend.

I've been going to road games for the Bison and Vikings for many years and never had anyone want to shake my hand until we were at the Superdome last year waiting for the game to start and they were welcoming us to New Orleans and recommending stuff to do downtown. I think two people shook our hands after the Montana game while we were waiting to exit the stadium and there were a couple more hand shakes while walking back to our car.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    They've needed one the past 4 years. Frisco is a good host but when the FBS "Everybody Gets a Ribbon" bowls drawing 5,000-10,000 fans get large venues why shouldn't the FCS? Should be an at least 30,000 seat stadium IMO. Sure, it won't get filled every year, but that hasn't stopped any bowl game, most of which don't come close to selling out. At least they give all fans an opportunity to attend.
    They would need to give the Bison and Grizz a bye to their own semifinal in order to make it a smart bet to book a larger stadium. Most FCS teams simply don't have good or any traveling support.

Quote Originally Posted by Timp View Post
    If it happens in Fargo or Frisco I will have tickets.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.