Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Bohl effect fading?

Default Re: Is the Bohl effect fading?

Bohl was given the NDSU effect. He parlayed it into a higher paying job.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Not at all. I think the poster is an Eastern Washington fan. Correct me if I am wrong.
    Tony I would delete it just for that reason. People think Bison fans are starting these threads.
    Herd;
    You are correct I am an EWU fan. I don't understand why this is a bad question. Bohl built a dynasty which will change for the better or worse eventually. How and when that change happens is up to the current staff. I did not say anything disparagingly about this staff just wondered if there is a change underway. Sorry to have offended you but I think it is prudent to be aware.

Legitimate speculation by a fan of FCS football. I think that if Bohl would have had this young secondary, and this current group of players... Probably a similar result. A close game that could have gone either way. I don't think that Vigen would have called so many sweeps. Good lord, I don't want to see another sweep for a long, long time.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Clawman, it was one loss. You are an obvious troll.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    Legitimate speculation by a fan of FCS football. I think that if Bohl would have had this young secondary, and this current group of players... Probably a similar result. A close game that could have gone either way. I don't think that Vigen would have called so many sweeps. Good lord, I don't want to see another sweep for a long, long time.
    Not to a true FR in crunch time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Big Sky team finally wins a meaningful OOC game and the trolls roll back in....if Montana sustains all year and goes undefeated then we j ow we got beat by a more talented team, they played their emotional and physical superbowl, for the year and did great won the game, they play right away again Saturday will there be a let down? We will see

We will regroup and channel the inner Bohl I guess and be just fine, BTW I'm guessing ewu will have a removal of the Adams effect in a big way

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Bohl lead team that officially began this playoff run kicked things off with a 4 loss season. Even with the loss I still think this team is better than the 2010 team. I also expect more losses this year.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well, as has been pointed out, Bohl wasn't perfect. But his teams tended to be very sound fundamentally, something that seems to have regressed under Klieman and was quite noticeable during last year's title run.

Not that it does a whole lot of good to discuss it. It's not like NDSU had a say in Bohl leaving. And Klieman was able to keep things going enough to win another title, in and of itself no small feat and something few people truly believed would happen a year ago. He's a good coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawman View Post
    Would a Bohls' coached team have won last weekend?
    Bohl was a head Coach who had good and bad sides, not a coaching staff. It was the players who determined the game. Stupid question. Let's see your EWU play VA at Oregon and then at Montana, and then we can talk about "player effect".
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Clawman View Post
    Herd;
    You are correct I am an EWU fan. I don't understand why this is a bad question. Bohl built a dynasty which will change for the better or worse eventually. How and when that change happens is up to the current staff. I did not say anything disparagingly about this staff just wondered if there is a change underway. Sorry to have offended you but I think it is prudent to be aware.
    Bohl didn't build jack squat. He continued the tradition of excellence at NDSU that Darrell Mudra started in 1963. Chris Klieman will do the same, or he'll have to look for another job.