Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Is the Bohl effect fading?

Default Re: Is the Bohl effect fading?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    It took almost 5-6 years for him to build a solid program here at NDSU, Rome wasn't built in a day, Wyoming need to come out and support him, he needs some time.
    5 years? Assuming you forgot to use purple. He was 43-12 in his first 5 years at su.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    It took almost 5-6 years for him to build a solid program here at NDSU, Rome wasn't built in a day, Wyoming need to come out and support him, he needs some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post
    5 years? Assuming you forgot to use purple. He was 43-12 in his first 5 years at su.
    In all fairness the level of competition the first few years wasn't that great. Anyone remember the blowout loss at Cal Poly? We started to get really good in 2006 and 2007. We really sucked in 2008 and 2009 when we moved to the Missouri Valley. From mid 2010 and beyond its been amazing.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    In all fairness the level of competition the first few years wasn't that great. Anyone remember the blowout loss at Cal Poly? We started to get really good in 2006 and 2007. We really sucked in 2008 and 2009 when we moved to the Missouri Valley. From mid 2010 and beyond its been amazing.
    I would beg to differ, especially regarding the 2008 team. They lost 5 games by a total of 27, including a 3 point loss to Wyoming and a 1 point loss to sdsu. That team was a couple bad breaks away from being a playoff team and a couple injuries from being a title contender. Prior to the season, most people thought that 08 team was going to be really good. Even the 09 team was far from being terrible.

I would beg to differ, especially regarding the 2008 team. They lost 5 games by a total of 27, including a 3 point loss to Wyoming and a 1 point loss to sdsu. That team was a couple bad breaks away from being a playoff team and a couple injuries from being a title contender. Prior to the season, most people thought that 08 team was going to be really good. Even the 09 team was far from being terrible.
    2008 was actually a decent team but you dont get style points for going 6-5 and almost winning. They were in the playoff hunt until the last game. Woulda, coulda, shoulda... but we lost.

2009 was awful but I agree way better than their record. But good teams don't go 3-8 and allow 600 yards to Sam Houston.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

12 losses? Jesus Christ we were shitty.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    2008 was actually a decent team but you dont get style points for going 6-5 and almost winning. They were in the playoff hunt until the last game. Woulda, coulda, shoulda... but we lost.

2009 was awful but I agree way better than their record. But good teams don't go 3-8 and allow 600 yards to Sam Houston.
    Didn't the 08 team start the year in the top 5?
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Picked to win the valley if memory serves

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I wish we had a capable backup behind Nick. He could have been a Collin Klein type QB.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    Didn't the 08 team start the year in the top 5?
    Yes they were.