Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Running back rotation moving forward

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Running back rotation moving forward

I haven't heard anything official yet but King and Morlock need to be the alternating series feature backs moving forward. I luck Dunn, but I felt like bringing him in only served to throw off the two's mojo. Good backs only get stronger as the game goes on and need to be allowed to build that steam throughout the game. Use Dunn on kickoff with Perkens, speciality plays and keep him as the first backup. Chances are his number will be called this year when/if king or Morlock get nicked up. IMO King is a beast and needs to be the starter.

* I am a certified arm chair quarterback and know what I am talking about, don't question me.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Running back rotation moving forward

I guess I am kind of watching a different game than you. I think both Frazier and Morlock are a step slow. I believe Dunn will be the one that finishes the year as the starter. I think the one of the reasons Bruce Anderson's redshirt was pulled is that there is some question marks and he may be able to provide some spark, but this purely speculation.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I guess I am kind of watching a different game than you. I think both Frazier and Morlock are a step slow. I believe Dunn will be the one that finishes the year as the starter. I think the one of the reasons Bruce Anderson's redshirt was pulled is that there is some question marks and he may be able to provide some spark, but this purely speculation.
    I agree. Dunn and Anderson with their speed need more carries.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

I would start with King and Chase. The other two need to prove themselves before becoming the two headed monster.

Dunn is the man. /close thread
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Dunn is the man. /close thread
    It's not that simple yet. He is on his way of becoming the man.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No doubt Dunn has a step on both of these guys. This offense thrives with two feature backs, four is not healthy. Chase seems like he would be odd man out if Dunn moves up, what position could he move to stay on the field then?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    No doubt Dunn has a step on both of these guys. This offense thrives with two feature backs, four is not healthy. Chase seems like he would be odd man out if Dunn moves up, what position could he move to stay on the field then?
    Chase seems to have some good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Outside linebacker.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

King is a one speed runner. He had a nice game don't get me wrong. Morlock has straight line speed that takes him a couple steps to get to top gear. I personally feel he is better as a FB or a H-back role. I felt a few running plays there were more yards than 3 to 4, but the hole closed faster than our RB's got through it. Our RB's (Crockett, Ojuri, McNorton) had that explosive first step get through them. I feel Dunn and Anderson with more reps can be those explosive threats. I am not taking anything away from King or Chase.