Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ***** an espn instant classic production *****

Default Re: ***** an espn instant classic production *****

Quote Originally Posted by moosbah View Post
    He's essentially a sabermatrician.
    Exactly. That field isn't nearly as good at analyzing individuals as it is in baseball (due to sample size and lack of a control mainly) but the data out there on play-calling and in particular decisions about possession or kick/go is very compelling and flies in the face of conventional wisdom in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I'd question how much gut is involved. I think he understands that making the right decisions doesn't always get you the result you want, but over the long-haul you'll win more than you otherwise would have.
    Bingo. As a Twins fan I can tell you it has been painful to watch my team ignore and often openly mock the new data that has so much to teach them if they'd listen.

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    Bingo. As a Twins fan I can tell you it has been painful to watch my team ignore and often openly mock the new data that has so much to teach them if they'd listen.
    It gets worse when your NL team is the Washington Nationals, too.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    Exactly. That field isn't nearly as good at analyzing individuals as it is in baseball (due to sample size and lack of a control mainly) but the data out there on play-calling and in particular decisions about possession or kick/go is very compelling and flies in the face of conventional wisdom in many cases.
    How many national championships has Stitt won with his decision making?

His decisions yesterday should have cost his team the game. They won the game by winning one on one match ups on the outside and NDSU failing to run the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post

His decisions yesterday should have cost his team the game. They won the game by winning one on one match ups on the outside and NDSU failing to run the ball.
    As many as all of these guys combined.

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/463...ler-chip-kelly
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Lol...ridiculous logic.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd be incredibly impressed if a first year coach with one game under his belt already won national championships. Sounds like a sci-fi novel in the making. I'm assuming you aren't refering to his stint at csom because that would just be silly

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I'd be incredibly impressed if a first year coach with one game under his belt already won national championships. Sounds like a sci-fi novel in the making. I'm assuming you aren't refering to his stint at csom because that would just be silly
    I meant to say his entire coaching career. Yes, I get that he was at Mines.

Look, the guy is a good coach. Not trying to discount that. All I am saying is that I am going to wait to say he is changing the game of football.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I meant to say his entire coaching career. Yes, I get that he was at Mines.

Look, the guy is a good coach. Not trying to discount that. All I am saying is that I am going to wait to say he is changing the game of football.
    Ya it will be interesting to see what they do in the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I can't believe you said the field goal decision was dumb...it worked for them...and proved his genius. He kicked the field goal with confidence that his defense would get them the ball back...something we have done with success before. That call showed they were not panicking.
    Tell me would it still have been a genius call if they miss the FG? How about if we got a first down and ran out the clock for a 35-31 win? It's easy to call a decision genius after it works.