Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: ***** an espn instant classic production *****

Default Re: ***** an espn instant classic production *****

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    They ran 92 plays. Sure we sucked at time management which would have reduced that number, but something was bound to stick out with 92 plays run. They did only rush for 30 yards in the second half off 13 carries. If o was them, I wouldn't have bothered running and gotten more plays in.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    They ran just enough to make us honor it, unlike us blitzing Deluca enough for their QB to respect fake blitz on their last drive.

Not arguing, just spewing random thoughts on shit-show game, the results of which bum me out.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

At the game, I thought the decision to kick the FG was a curious call, but not necessarily a "wrong" decision. After the game, his logic became more to clear to me. He stated he didn't want to play for OT, that had they scored a TD there, he was going for two. I think he reasoned that the likelihood of scoring and 4th and 11 and then converting the two point conversion was less than kicking what is essentially a near automatic FG, getting the stop and scoring a TD.

But basically the decision can be argued either way. But I would have taken the points and trusted my defense as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkWGrizwald View Post
    At the game, I thought the decision to kick the FG was a curious call, but not necessarily a "wrong" decision. After the game, his logic became more to clear to me. He stated he didn't want to play for OT, that had they scored a TD there, he was going for two. I think he reasoned that the likelihood of scoring and 4th and 11 and then converting the two point conversion was less than kicking what is essentially a near automatic FG, getting the stop and scoring a TD.

But basically the decision can be argued either way. But I would have taken the points and trusted my defense as well.
    That's poor reasoning on his part. He'll go for 2 because he doesn't want to extend the game to a coin flip, but he takes a FG to extend the game another 3 min in which he's a massive underdog?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie