Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Polasek save the season!

Default Re: Fire Polasek save the season!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinTyem View Post
    Get over the Blame game on the offense. THE DEFENSE LOST THE GAME............. Nothing more,Nothing Less.....................
    38 points. 550 yards. Ver few sacks with 55 passing attempts. Nuff said.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    38 points. 550 yards. Ver few sacks with 55 passing attempts. Nuff said.
    Sorry herdbot, I see your point and it is valid but does not reflect the whole picture of the game. Our defense stopped them on fourth down three times on their side of the field and only once did we come away with points. Those r just like turnovers. That doesn't even count the sack and fumble that happened with ten minutes to go in the game on their side of the ball. We knew our defense was going to struggle early on and that our offense was going to have to cover for them a little and it didn't happen. The stats don't show the true picture of this game. Once Carson hurt his ankle our offense went down the tubes because we couldn't run the ball like we normally do and for some unexplainable reason we went away from it. There r two sides to this game and because the offense could not control the clock in the second half is the biggest reason the other team ran 92 plays. If our potent offense runs out the clock like they should with 2:45 left Montana only runs 76 plays which is way less then their goal. Both sides failed in this game but our offense has seniors and experience and need to control the games.

By the way I don't think we fire polesek I was just responding I this thread.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If that's the case then why wasn't Stick bright in? If you can't run your game plan because someone is injured bring someone who can.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Sorry herdbot, I see your point and it is valid but does not reflect the whole picture of the game. Our defense stopped them on fourth down three times on their side of the field and only once did we come away with points. Those r just like turnovers. That doesn't even count the sack and fumble that happened with ten minutes to go in the game on their side of the ball. We knew our defense was going to struggle early on and that our offense was going to have to cover for them a little and it didn't happen. The stats don't show the true picture of this game. Once Carson hurt his ankle our offense went down the tubes because we couldn't run the ball like we normally do and for some unexplainable reason we went away from it. There r two sides to this game and because the offense could not control the clock in the second half is the biggest reason the other team ran 92 plays. If our potent offense runs out the clock like they should with 2:45 left Montana only runs 76 plays which is way less then their goal. Both sides failed in this game but our offense has seniors and experience and need to control the games.

That's actually a good point on stopping them on 4th as a turnover. I just think our pass rush sucked so bad that it put or corners in a bad spot. I feel bad for Jordan Champion. Kids a warrior and he's getting his ass ripped when he had no chance at 5-9 to win jump balls with a 6-4 guy.

Our defense will improve and the young players will miss less and less assignments as the season goes on.

I just get annoyed when everyone rips on the offense when they scored 35 and lost.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Our pass rush did struggle and I do not have many answers to how we could have stopped their offense. In the second half we did get some good hits on their QB but he did a nice job and stayed composed. But I did remember us saying before the game the best way to control their offense was for our offense to control the clock and we didn't in the second half.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Our pass rush did struggle and I do not have many answers to how we could have stopped their offense. In the second half we did get some good hits on their QB but he did a nice job and stayed composed. But I did remember us saying before the game the best way to control their offense was for our offense to control the clock and we didn't in the second half.
    Our pass rush will get better as the secondary gets more experience. We could of had Phil Hansen and KE out there and it wouldn't have matter too much when you have no threat of LBers blitzing. They had to drop in coverage. Montana rushed for 30 yards on 13 attempts in the second half. The focus was on stopping the run, dropping LBers into coverage, and only the front four providing any pass rush for 90% of the plays after accounting for the play not being a run play. They sent DeLuca in on the sack that caused the fumble and he had a clear shot because Montana wasn't even accounting for LBers blitzing. Usually when the Bison did blitz, underneath was wide open and Gustafson tore it apart. When our secondary gets better at defending the pass, they can operate with less help, we can blitz more, be more unpredictable, and offenses have to account for LBers coming in the whole game. No more 6 on 4 matchups in the trenches and our d-line will be more effective pass rushing. I think the Bison coaches will look at the tape and think they could have blitzed more. It would have forced the griz to keep someone back and they wouldn't have exploited that space between the LBers and the Safeties. That pushed the LBers back further and they started throwing underneath to Nguyen in front of the LBers. When they weren't doing that, they were overloading the zone and creating one on one mismatches with Jones and Henderson. Those two are good enough you throw anytime it is one on one. It was a good game plan that took advantage of matching up our weaknesses and inexperience with their strengths. I don't think they counted on us dropping LBers in coverage as much, but they adjusted well enough to move the ball.

I do think if we meet them again this season, it will be a lot different defensively for the Bison. They will have worked guys who can play that hybrid man/tampa 2 with a lot more confidence and experience.

They win as a team and lose as a team. All 4 phases, offense, defense, special teams and coaching played a part. One more play here or there and they are 1-0 instead of 0-1. Learn from it and move on.

JustinTyem is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Front 4(rotation) played well,but the Tempo Killed'em and the Lbs had some really good plays but the Db's not looking back to the ball and seeing where it was is 1/2 of the problem .......... OFFENSE WINS THE GAMES,BUT DEFENSE WINS THE CHAMPIONSHIPS............ Just like Aaron Rodgers says................ R-E-L-A-X

I apologize if many people are taking this thread as serious. I made it jokingly, as how many times were there Fire Vigen save the season, Fire Bohl save the season. I guess, I should have put /purple in the thread name. I agree it was 1 game. Hopefully in tape season everyone learns something, and we we come out and win big in 2 weeks.
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

Good post.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt