Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fire Polasek save the season!

Hybrid View

Default Fire Polasek save the season!

Ok, thought I would start the thread since I know I am not the only one thinking it after the last Bison drive with the ball. Heck I will venture to say the second half where we ran the ball outside more than inside.. and that didnt work the first half (unless it was Wentz). Thoughts/comments?

BTW.. I only did this b/c it was gonna happen sooner or later. I do not think he is the reason we lost.. but the offense does need to take quite a bit of blame.
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fire Polasek save the season!

A little over the top.

Polasek is fine but he needs to take what the defense gives him sometimes.

The OL outweighed the Griz front 7 by 50 lbs.............50 lbs!!!! Use that to your advantage a little more.

The last 2 plays were bad but if you read the Forum article, Klieman said he made the call to pass. Bad decision IMO but Polaseks offense went 15-1 his first year so implying he should be canned is silly.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

we tried to get too fancy and it killed us......period

they will learn and get better....
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The last 2 plays were bad but if you read the Forum article, Klieman said he made the call to pass. Bad decision IMO but Polaseks offense went 15-1 his first year so implying he should be canned is silly.
    I think Coach K would say it was his call whether it was or wasn't. Just the kind of coach he is. I personally don't think it was a great call simply for the fact it would have forced Montana to use time outs. I also don't think anyone should be hung for it either. There will be mistakes made by coaches too, and they will learn from them. They are still learning what they are working with and I will be way more concerned if bad decisions are being made 2 months from now.

Dumbest thread for this early season. But expected by a clueless so called fan.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I think Coach K would say it was his call whether it was or wasn't. Just the kind of coach he is. I personally don't think it was a great call simply for the fact it would have forced Montana to use time outs. I also don't think anyone should be hung for it either. There will be mistakes made by coaches too, and they will learn from them. They are still learning what they are working with and I will be way more concerned if bad decisions are being made 2 months from now.
    And supposedly CW was hurt!, yet you rely on him. Very Dumb.

Also, we let MT dictate game tempo.

There is no way we should have let MT run 92 plays.

We got out coached.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post

The OL outweighed the Griz front 7 by 50 lbs.............50 lbs!!!! Use that to your advantage a little more.
    Great recruiter. I think he is good at motivating players in practice and is a good teacher of football. When it comes to play calling, the guy flat out sucks. Despite not being fast, the receivers for NDSU run very good routes and had one on one coverage with no safety help the entire game. I didn't see one inside slant pass the entire game. You are up by 4 with 2:15 on the clock, have a second and 7 and have the best punter in the FCS. Run the dam ball. Period. Chances are you make Montana burn two timeouts and make them go 80 yards down the field with 2 minutes left, no timeouts, needing to score the touchdown. You trust your defense in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post

Nailed it......