Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff Illies

Default Re: Jeff Illies

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Which makes me wonder if our wr coaching is up to snuff.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    The Bohl regime were the ones who tried to make him into a tight end to begin with. With that being said, our coaching staff has not shown the ability to identify the issue we have on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Jeff should not see the field as a tight end . He is not skilled enough at run blocking. He is by far the most athletic and fastest players out of the tight end/ wide receiver group. We need speed and seperation on the outside and someone who can go up and get the ball.
    I'm starting to wonder if we just flat out started him out at the wrong position. It's kind of tough to move him this late. He's kind of a tweener as he not quite big enough to be an every down blocking TE. Considering our receivers block more than catch passes, maybe it wouldn't be bad to move him outside since he's clearly plenty big to block a corner and he's athletic enough to get a jump ball

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if we just flat out started him out at the wrong position. It's kind of tough to move him this late. He's kind of a tweener as he not quite big enough to be an every down blocking TE. Considering our receivers block more than catch passes, maybe it wouldn't be bad to move him outside since he's clearly plenty big to block a corner and he's athletic enough to get a jump ball
    He isn't a tweener. He is a wide receiver. For some reason the coaching staff wants to waste talent and have him ride the bench as a TE.

He isn't a tweener. He is a wide receiver. For some reason the coaching staff wants to waste talent and have him ride the bench as a TE.
    Maybe they are building him to be a starter next year. Kids only a sophomore.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Maybe they are building him to be a starter next year. Kids only a sophomore.
    Couple of questions for you. Did you ever watch Jeff Illies play a single game of high school football? Did you ever watch him run hurdles in state track or play basketball in high school? Have you seen him play in the green and gold game? He is a wide receiver. I don't give a flying fuck if they think he will start at tight end next year. He should be playing on the outside this season and should be starting.

Couple of questions for you. Did you ever watch Jeff Illies play a single game of high school football? Did you ever watch him run hurdles in state track or play basketball in high school? Have you seen him play in the green and gold game? He is a wide receiver. I don't give a flying fuck if they think he will start at tight end next year. He should be playing on the outside this season and should be starting.
    Absolutely. But I also trust the offensive coaches know more than we do as fans.

One loss and everything is wrong with the offense. We are fine and we are going to dominate a lot of games.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Honestly our receiving corps is nothing to write home about.
    Vraa and RJ are excellent

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I heard how athletic he was in high school then saw it for myself and the idea to put him at tight end has boggled the mind since.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Vraa and RJ are excellent
    They'd be better if we had a deep-threat WR. Neither of them are or ever have been.

I never understood the pre-season talk of all the offensive weapons we have this year. I feel we have less than last year.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.