Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff Illies

Default Re: Jeff Illies

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I could see this last year. Last year we arguably had the worst group of WR's in all of FCS that I saw and it was more of the same today.
    Read what you just said and then think about it. Read it again and think about it some more. And then delete your post. Worst in all of the FCS? Teen drama post.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Read what you just said and then think about it. Read it again and think about it some more. And then delete your post. Worst in all of the FCS? Teen drama post.
    "That I saw". I figured even though you were still living in your moms basement you had a sense of reading comprehension. I watch the Bison games. I don't waste my time with the rest of D2. There wasn't one team last year that we had a better WR unit then. WE had Zach Vraa, RJ Urzendowski moreso when Vraa was out, and the Trevor Gebhart chipped in like 2.5 catches a game, and Carey Woods with like a catch a game. The 5th WR on the team? Some guy named Tyler Wrice with an outstanding 2 catches for the entire year.

And apparently, if this NFL scout actually knows anything, we aren't much better this year. "Absolutely no help at all" was what I heard was said.

This was supposed to be more about Jeff than bashing what he have. I have watched him twice in the Green and Gold game flat out dominate when given the opportunity to play outside.

Who watched him play in high school? Any of you guys? Do you have any idea how freaking athletic this kid is? He is a wide receiver.

Where is Illies at right now? 3 or 4 TE? Who does he need to beat out to see the field, assuming the coaches will keep him at TE.

"That I saw". I figured even though you were still living in your moms basement you had a sense of reading comprehension. I watch the Bison games. I don't waste my time with the rest of D2. There wasn't one team last year that we had a better WR unit then. WE had Zach Vraa, RJ Urzendowski moreso when Vraa was out, and the Trevor Gebhart chipped in like 2.5 catches a game, and Carey Woods with like a catch a game. The 5th WR on the team? Some guy named Tyler Wrice with an outstanding 2 catches for the entire year.

And apparently, if this NFL scout actually knows anything, we aren't much better this year. "Absolutely no help at all" was what I heard was said.
    What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no time in your incoherent rambling did you even come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this message board is dumber for having read it.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Where is Illies at right now? 3 or 4 TE? Who does he need to beat out to see the field, assuming the coaches will keep him at TE.
    Jeff should not see the field as a tight end . He is not skilled enough at run blocking. He is by far the most athletic and fastest players out of the tight end/ wide receiver group. We need speed and seperation on the outside and someone who can go up and get the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no time in your incoherent rambling did you even come close to anything that would resemble a rational thought. Everyone on this message board is dumber for having read it.
    Honestly our receiving corps is nothing to write home about.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Our offense needs or at least has needed guys with good route running ability, good hands, and physical enough to catch balls in traffic or a guy on them and a QB with the ability to throw to a particular spot at the right time. You can go back to 2011 and watch the gopher game as well as others throughout this run where the teams had athletic db's. Our receivers often had very little separation but the completions were there and kept the chains moving. Vraa, Holloway, and guys prior to that we're not big time burners 4 steps ahead of everyone. The timing just needs to be there. I do think we have more speed coming up the ranks but even if we do not we have won without it. The defense just needs to come around to playing 2011-2014 Bison ball.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Honestly our receiving corps is nothing to write home about.
    Pretty much this.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Which makes me wonder if our wr coaching is up to snuff.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt