Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff Illies

Default Jeff Illies

We have no separation on the outside. None. Vraa clearly has lost a step.

Illies is tall, fast and EXTREMELY athletic. Marcus Williams was quoted with telling Bohl they were wasting time with him at tight end. He is hardly seeing the field right now because he can't do what NDSU requires of their tight ends...dominate in run blocking. Why? Because he is a fucking wide receiver. Wake up and do what is right with this kid.

Montana proved today that big, fast and athletic wide receivers can dominate even the best coverage ( for those knocking Champion, the guy was in text book position on the majority of those big plays). NDSU struggled offensively in the second half because the box was sta led defensively and our wide receivers can not get separation or play anice corners on the ball. I really think Illies can do this and has proven it during the green and gold game.
    Last edited by 2011BisonAlumni; 08-30-2015 at 02:31 AM.

Default Re: Jeff Illies

Agree. When a coach says he is looking real good then really doesn't play wtf?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

NFL scout said, Carson has no help and is forced to run and taking too much punishment.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post

Illies is tall, fast and EXTREMELY athletic. Marcus Williams was quoted with telling Bohl they were wasting time with him at tight end. He is hardly seeing the field right now because he can't do what NDSU requires of their tight ends...dominate in run blocking. Why? Because he is a fucking wide receiver. Wake up and do what is right with this kid.

Montana proved today that big, fast and athletic wide receivers can dominate even the best coverage ( for those knocking Champion, the guy was in text book position on the majority of those big plays). NDSU struggled offensively in the second half because the box was sta led defensively and our wide receivers can not get separation or play anice corners on the ball. I really think Illies can do this and has proven it during the green and gold game.
    I've been saying this for 2 years.

reformedUNDfan is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He needs to be on the field. He can learn TE if he gets the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    NFL scout said, Carson has no help and is forced to run and taking too much punishment.
    Kind of true, we don't have that prototypical tall big playmaking receiver. Vraa seems to be a step slow still and I love RJ but he isn't exactly tall. Would love to see Wentz work with a Cooper Kupp or Jake Wieneke. Just a big tall athlete he can throw it up to.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    He needs to be on the field. He can learn TE if he gets the weight.
    Did you ever watch this kid play in high school? Ever? He is a wide receiver. He does not need to LEARN TE. The coaching staff needs to learn how to not waste talent and identify that we have an issue with seperation on the outside.

If I remember, we 2 wide open deep shots and Carson over shot them.

Although I do agree it would be smart to get Illies in as a receiver.

It amazes me how the Bunnies can find all of these 6-4 receivers from Minnesota and we had to go all the way to Illinois to find Dee Gray. But you can win with shorter receivers too.

And you are right on Champion. He was in perfect position but 5-9 going up against 6-4 is a major mismatch.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post

How about the dumb penalties?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    I could see this last year. Last year we arguably had the worst group of WR's in all of FCS that I saw and it was more of the same today.