Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff Illies

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Jeff Illies

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Vraa was never a burner, but he is a big WR with outstanding hands and good body control. I'd love to see Wentz (or Stick) do a little more of what Montana's QB did and just throw a jump ball up to his big WR when he's in single coverage. I think Vraa is so good at adjusting to a ball in the air that he'd make plenty of plays similar to how Montana's WR made several plays in some pretty decent coverage.
    Brock did this many times.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Vraa was never a burner, but he is a big WR with outstanding hands and good body control. I'd love to see Wentz (or Stick) do a little more of what Montana's QB did and just throw a jump ball up to his big WR when he's in single coverage. I think Vraa is so good at adjusting to a ball in the air that he'd make plenty of plays similar to how Montana's WR made several plays in some pretty decent coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Brock did this many times.
    My thoughts exactly! I will say it again and again, we do not throw down field enough, we do not put enough trust into our receivers to let them go up and get it...big plays will eventually happen but we have to put ourselves in that position first. Just watch the 2013 season.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

you guys like crazy Hardin Golladay speed on the outside that's all

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    My thoughts exactly! I will say it again and again, we do not throw down field enough, we do not put enough trust into our receivers to let them go up and get it...big plays will eventually happen but we have to put ourselves in that position first. Just watch the 2013 season.
    Or CW flat out over throws them. THAT has happened quite often.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    you guys like crazy Hardin Golladay speed on the outside that's all
    Who is crazy Hardin?

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    We have won four consecutive championships playing ball control, eat up the clock offense, you are wrong, sir.

Chucking the ball downfield would probably result in an catch to interception ratio of 1 to 1. I'm sorry, but our wr's cannot beat press coverage oon the LOS, and they are probably going to see that continueously the rest of the year. It's just not their game.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    We have won four consecutive championships playing ball control, eat up the clock offense, you are wrong, sir.
    You forgot ... "with a good defense" and "a QB who stays witchin himself as a result".

More to story iow.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=CAS4127;1034263]You forgot ... "with a good defense" and "a QB who stays witchin himself as a result".

Agreed, for me the "stretch the field" crowd are wrong. The run game opens up the pass game not vice versa. Brock's signature pass was a 10 yd sideline throw, thrown perfectly, not a 40 yd bomb.

10 yard side line throw sounds like the West Coast offense to me