Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Post game thoughts

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Post game thoughts

The offense lost the game pure and simple with horrible play calling by Pollasick. Montana may be more talented than NDSU. I don't see any games on our schedule that will be as tough as this one was so not concerned about losing anymore this season. Maybe this is a wake up call if there is such as thing.

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I still love this team.

I'm sure fans of other teams are all checking in here, hoping we are crying like babies, and calling for our coaches heads.

Nope, It's just one game. The coaches will get identify the problems and the players will take it upon themselves to fix it.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Gave up over 500 yards on defense, and still nearly won. No one in mvfc will do that to us. Confident we'll make the proper corrections and right the ship.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

1) Play calling was abysmal. No excuse for one run and two passes when you're up by 4 with two minutes left. Took no time and didn't force Montana to use any time outs.
    2) In addition to #1 the four back system needs to go away. Frazier looked good but never got into a stride. Move Morlock to the slot and run Frazier/Dunn in a two back system. Alternate drives like we did in the past.
    3) Our kicking game spoiled me in the past. I'm not used to having to hold my breath on extra points.
    4) CJ Smith would have been a difference maker. We missed him but no one missed him more than Champion.
    5) Wentz is going to surpass the lofty expectations if we don't get him killed in the process.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pride View Post
    I still love this team.

I'm sure fans of other teams are all checking in here, hoping we are crying like babies, and calling for our coaches heads.

Nope, It's just one game. The coaches will get identify the problems and the players will take it upon themselves to fix it.
    Me too. Sometimes you just need to give your opponent credit. It's not like they kicked our ass and that is one heck of a home field. It went down to literally the last play of the game. I think Stitt had a planning advantage and the difference was a few plays or questionable play calls.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yes our offense should have sealed the deal, but bottom line is 35 points is quite enough to win the game.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

The secondary was obviously an issue, and so was the questionable decision to pass twice on our last drive and leave Montana with all their timeouts.

I think a serious problem is that we're going to lose a game this year because we don't have a placekicker. Maybe Keller makes that kick at the end of the first half and maybe he doesn't, but it was pretty obvious Ben didn't have a chance and we lost this game by 3. We can't afford to revert to the Bibeau days, where field goals were only safe for viewing by mature audiences.
    Van Club - Secretary of Agriculture (Barley & hops expert)

Lots of missed plays in this game could have led to a Bison win. Bottom line is they made more plays and deserved the win today. Hopefully this fuels our boys to better themselves!

Out coached and out played. Champ played poorly at best.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Out coached and out played. Champ played poorly at best.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Champ was outmatched again 6-4 receivers. They picked on him a ton and even when he was in position, the receiver made plays.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com