Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Post game thoughts

Default Re: Post game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The coaches will have some tape to look at and will figure this out. Whether it's schemes or players not being physically ready or mentally ready, they will figure it out.

All isn't lost. We put up 35 points and were 1 play away from winning. If the player does his job and fills the gap we may all be talking about a win. Whoever thst was will learn from it.
    Yep, he ended up out in no-man's land and then got blocked from coming back to the gap to nail the runner. When he blew that, Montana made it look easy.

Great game!

Some of you guys step away from the ledge. Coach K said the defense is young and going to make mistakes. We, as fans are just spoiled.

IMO:

Frazier is good. He needs more touches. Dunn looked decent also in the 2nd half.

Carson at times needs to either run or throw it away.

Champion had a bad game. Deluca is a beast. Him and Tanguay played the best on the defense. The OLBs got toasted on the seams in the middle.

Teams improve the most from game 1 to game 2. Weber will get crushed.

King Frazier is a good runner, good on short yardage, maybe the best the Bison have, but he's no McNorton, Ojuri, or Crockett; at least imo. I'm thinking Morlock and the rookie have the better breakaway speed.

I figured the Grizz had given us the game when they didn't go for the TD with only 2:52 left. Their FG still left them 4 points behind, and I didn't think they would even get the ball back, let alone get it back with so much time still left on the clock, and two time outs to boot. I can see us passing on 3rd down on our last drive, but not on 2nd down like we did. Not only passing on 2nd down, but more-or-less throwing it away out-of-bounds as well.

The defensive line didn't accomplish all that much, but they looked to be a pretty impressive group to me, so I think they will be ok as the season goes on. And I think our linebackers will be as good or better than last year.

As I expected, the secondary sucked, and Montana had the players to take advantage of it. Getting CJ back will definitely help, but it looks to be a problematic area for our defense the rest of the year.

It was a great game though, very memorable, and something I'm sure the Grizz will cherish for some time to come. In the end, the Grizz made the plays when they needed to make them, and that's what gave them the win.

Quote Originally Posted by LongLostAlum View Post
    King Frazier is a good runner, good on short yardage, maybe the best the Bison have, but he's no McNorton, Ojuri, or Crockett; at least imo. I'm thinking Morlock and the rookie have the better breakaway speed.

I figured the Grizz had given us the game when they didn't go for the TD with only 2:52 left. Their FG still left them 4 points behind, and I didn't think they would even get the ball back, let alone get it back with so much time still left on the clock, and two time outs to boot. I can see us passing on 3rd down on our last drive, but not on 2nd down like we did. Not only passing on 2nd down, but more-or-less throwing it away out-of-bounds as well.

The defensive line didn't accomplish all that much, but they looked to be a pretty impressive group to me, so I think they will be ok as the season goes on. And I think our linebackers will be as good or better than last year.

As I expected, the secondary sucked, and Montana had the players to take advantage of it. Getting CJ back will definitely help, but it looks to be a problematic area for our defense the rest of the year.

It was a great game though, very memorable, and something I'm sure the Grizz will cherish for some time to come. In the end, the Grizz made the plays when they needed to make them, and that's what gave them the win.

Disagree.

I thought KF was the best runner today. He just needs more touches.

1. Play calling in second half...unbelievable!!
    2. Safeties....not good!!!
    3. Not concerned....5-peat!!!!

I think the loss comes down to two incomplete passes when it should have been run run run.

Something to build on after the inevitable drop-off in our secondary. Montana's qb played a good game.

Anyone know why Robbie Grimsley was put back there near the end?

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    Disagree.

I thought KF was the best runner today. He just needs more touches.
    Disagree with this. He had more touches than all the backs. That's why he looked better. If Morlock or Dunn had the touches King had I think they would have done just as well or better.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Something to build on after the inevitable drop-off in our secondary. Montana's qb played a good game.

Anyone know why Robbie Grimsley was put back there near the end?
    Yeah...he did 434 yards and 3 TD's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Dog Nitro View Post
    Disagree with this. He had more touches than all the backs. That's why he looked better. If Morlock or Dunn had the touches King had I think they would have done just as well or better.

He only had 15 rushes and averaged over 6/carry. He is also a good pass catcher. His screen pass and run was very good. Agree to disagree

We'll see when Weber comes to town. Narrow it down to 2 backs alternating series like Ojuri/Crockett. We'll see what the coaches do.