Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Post game thoughts

Default Post game thoughts

Couldn't have scripted a more exciting game. We really blew an opportunity to steal one but I'm not going to get too bummed out even though this rrally stings. Young defense. The difference ended up being a few untimely turnovers and some bad play calls. Obviously we really missed CJ Smith. It's only a non conference game so the season isn't lost

I think this loss will make is better

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Re: Post game thoughts

Had a few drinks watching this so give me some slack...BUT...

Our D sucks.

No way I can see improvement enough to get us to post season.

Ginger Jesus and our offense , which didnt WOW me, wont do it.
    Maybe next year

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Upset about the loss but very happy we got the chance to take part in the kickoff classic!

Time to see if NDSU can respond going forward.

What about the play calling and coaching? You have an NFL size line. But you chose to pass on 2nd and 3rd down--both incomplete passes. Either Montana has to burn two time outs or the Bison kill 60 seconds on the clock. THIS WAS A CONTRIBUTING FACTOR IN THE LOSS.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Great game to watch, Deluca is the real deal, loss will make the team even hungrier. I hurt right now.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

We're going to have to mature quickly in the defensive backfield. The next two games won't be automatic.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

What a great game for ESPN and the FCS kickoff. Exciting and show cased some great athletes on both teams... Montana has some stud Wide Receivers and their defense did better than I expected.

As for us.... Well I hope we learned some things.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Gotta give Coach Stitt and the Griz a lot of credit. They outplayed the Bison today.

My thoughts are the defense is young and there will be growing pains but that was to be expected. They went up against an unknown in Stitts offense. The Griz receivers made some unbelievable catches but our DB's definitely got exposed. Hopefully getting CJ back and some more game reps will help. I'm most disappointed with the offense. We failed to control the LOS like I thought we would be able to considering this was supposedly the best oline. Obviously that talk needs to be tabled for now. I thought the offensive play calling, especially in the 4th was questionable. Can't be giving them more timeouts there when your trying to burn clock. We also need to find a place kicker. I love Ben but he needs to stick to punting and kickoffs IMO. There is plenty to work on over the next 2 weeks!

Defense needs a lot of work. Secondary is especially lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesabison View Post
    Had a few drinks watching this so give me some slack...BUT...

Our D sucks.

No way I can see improvement enough to get us to post season.

Ginger Jesus and our offense , which didnt WOW me, wont do it.
    Maybe next year
    Our defense did suck but the offense didn't so them any favors in the 2nd half. Griz offense needs to get some credit. 2nd and 5 under 2 minutes and we throw 2 passes. Driving to take a 2 score lead and we fumble. Bad timed penalties. We had a chance to win so we're not that far off. The young players are a work in progress. Hopefully this game is a big motivation game and learning tool

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com