Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Post game thoughts

Default Re: Post game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    A Montana team with a new QB and a new offense made the Bison D look pathetic. And the vaunted Bison offense got manhandled and choked. This Bison team needs more work and may not be as good as most of us thought.
    The MT receivers made some ridiculous catches. Hats off to them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

A Montana team with a new QB and a new offense made the Bison D look pathetic. And the vaunted Bison offense got manhandled and choked. This Bison team needs more work and may not be as good as most of us thought.
    No, they are good. It is just a big engine with a lot of new parts that need to get broken in.

I can deal with our players getting outplayed. They're young and not perfect. Our oc on the other hand.... The first priority was to run the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Well, the Bison followed that game up with 4 NCs.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Travis Beck, the most underappreciated Bison in the history of Bison (at least by some, anyway).
    I think dudzik was maybe even more under appreciated. Blazing fast, sure tackling, versatile. I think the wear on him was the other major reason the defense regressed toward the end. Full speed dudz saves a couple TD's I think that last couple games.

Will either of these guys have a shot in a year when they are healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    Some quick thoughts on the game-
    1) Trying to showcase CW too much. The plays should not be catered to make a player look good.
    2) CW didn't have a great day. He struggled, how much of the offence was he calling? He looked nervous. As of now he doesn't look a first day pick, probably not even a 2nd day.
    3) Too many long first down plays. Long passes should have been kept to 2nd and medium or short.
    4) Where is the west coast system? IMO we had unimaginative play calling. Where were the slants and short passes?
    5) Even if they stack the box, we outweighed Montana by a good 30-40lbs. Let the guys run. We did NOT wear them out by the end of the game.
    6) What happened to the trick plays Bohl used? I know it doesn't work always, but he used it to good effect. Again poor play calling.
    7) Adjustments to stacking the box were poor. What they should not be are running outside plays(obvious) and throwing long on 1st. Maybe use a little veer, bubble screen or damn it, try something else. 1 year in of teams doing this to us and we have no answers.
    8) We didn't put enough pressure through our defense. We used to be masters at hiding our looks.
    9) We do NOT need to become NIU offensively. We do not recruit for it, neither does it work well when we commit to it only partially.
    10) I know the coaches will learn but some of the stuff I saw high school coaches wouldn't do.

/rant over
    Edit: Also CW almost refuses to throw the ball away. That concerns me. Live another day.
    Yes I agree we got schooled on many phases of the game. By a D 2 staff, kinda sucks.
    Been a fan for many years I know we will not win them all y have to credit Montana going to be very interesting going forward

Was great meeting you two this weekend and hanging out..wonderful people...see you in 8 or 9 days!!!

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    Some quick thoughts on the game-
    1) Trying to showcase CW too much. The plays should not be catered to make a player look good.
    2) CW didn't have a great day. He struggled, how much of the offence was he calling? He looked nervous. As of now he doesn't look a first day pick, probably not even a 2nd day.
    3) Too many long first down plays. Long passes should have been kept to 2nd and medium or short.
    4) Where is the west coast system? IMO we had unimaginative play calling. Where were the slants and short passes?
    5) Even if they stack the box, we outweighed Montana by a good 30-40lbs. Let the guys run. We did NOT wear them out by the end of the game.
    6) What happened to the trick plays Bohl used? I know it doesn't work always, but he used it to good effect. Again poor play calling.
    7) Adjustments to stacking the box were poor. What they should not be are running outside plays(obvious) and throwing long on 1st. Maybe use a little veer, bubble screen or damn it, try something else. 1 year in of teams doing this to us and we have no answers.
    8) We didn't put enough pressure through our defense. We used to be masters at hiding our looks.
    9) We do NOT need to become NIU offensively. We do not recruit for it, neither does it work well when we commit to it only partially.
    10) I know the coaches will learn but some of the stuff I saw high school coaches wouldn't do.

/rant over
    Edit: Also CW almost refuses to throw the ball away. That concerns me. Live another day.

Except on 2nd and 7 with 2 minutes left in the game

I usually dont comment on how a game was played outside of how good it was or such. I do not have a championship on my resume. But we were told we would not change our game. We might open it up, whatever that means, but it would still be Bison football. To me that means power, Kramer style.
    I want to see Bison football. Save the cute stuff for someone else.
    I still love 'em, Win or Lose.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

I'm not sure which thread to post under, or which comment to reply to...but (said in the best Denny Green voice possible):

"The negativity in this town sucks"

Carry on