Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Will Montana rush the field when they win?

Default Re: Will Montana rush the field when they win?

The way UM has handled this is great. Really want to see this game continue. We are lucky somebody has not done something like this after the title games.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAGRIZ1 View Post
    A friend of mine close to the program said Stitt called Klieman and apologized for the person making contact with Morlock and water Klieman to tell Morlock he did nothing wrong.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    He did call, and it was a very classy move. Here is my issue. He had NOTHING to do with a crappy fan being a total D Bag. It was unfortunate and we are all happy that nobody got hurt and it is over. He should have called to apologize to Klieman for acting like he just won the super bowl. He didn't. He won a non conference game to start a season. Act like you have been there before, even if you personally haven't. Did Klieman go bananas when we beat Iowa State? It was his first game, against his child hood dream school. He walks over and shakes hand. Thanks for having us. Everyone does it that way. You didn't just win the Super Bowl. CHris is still waiting for that hand shake I am sure. Awkward to run to mid field and shakes hands with his staff...while the head coach celebrates. Anyone have a link of his half time interview with KVLY? I would love to have everyone see that again. Most arrogant guy ever. My take is that they will love him when he wins, and he will win a lot, but his arrogance will get in the way some times and he will run himself into problems. If we take a 14-0 lead or capitalize on anything....after he missed on 4th and long in his own zone....the fans were ready to boo him out of his first game. Massive congrats to a model program, a great team victory, but I was less than impressed with the professionalism of Bob Stitt. I will continue to root for him as I would absolutely love to play in Missoula again this year. I hope they run 92 plays in the winter conditions of December. By that time I am guessing we are just deciding what side to run power on. If anyone has that halftime speech, post it. I am not smart enough or energetic enough to find that.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    The way UM has handled this is great. Really want to see this game continue. We are lucky somebody has not done something like this after the title games.
    You have to put all of this in perspective. This is a 15 year division 2 coach who finally has a chance to coach in a Division I program and run the show. All he has heard is that his offense wouldn't work at this level and that a Division II coach wouldn't succeed here. Some FBS programs passed on him because he wanted to be both head coach and offensive Cordinator and those programs were only letting him be an OC. This guy feels like he finally got his shot and wanted to make a very good first impression which he did. He is human and probably got caught up in the moment. I love just confidence and his swagger it's something that's been lacking here for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    He did call, and it was a very classy move. Here is my issue. He had NOTHING to do with a crappy fan being a total D Bag. It was unfortunate and we are all happy that nobody got hurt and it is over. He should have called to apologize to Klieman for acting like he just won the super bowl. He didn't. He won a non conference game to start a season. Act like you have been there before, even if you personally haven't. Did Klieman go bananas when we beat Iowa State? It was his first game, against his child hood dream school. He walks over and shakes hand. Thanks for having us. Everyone does it that way. You didn't just win the Super Bowl. CHris is still waiting for that hand shake I am sure. Awkward to run to mid field and shakes hands with his staff...while the head coach celebrates. Anyone have a link of his half time interview with KVLY? I would love to have everyone see that again. Most arrogant guy ever. My take is that they will love him when he wins, and he will win a lot, but his arrogance will get in the way some times and he will run himself into problems. If we take a 14-0 lead or capitalize on anything....after he missed on 4th and long in his own zone....the fans were ready to boo him out of his first game. Massive congrats to a model program, a great team victory, but I was less than impressed with the professionalism of Bob Stitt. I will continue to root for him as I would absolutely love to play in Missoula again this year. I hope they run 92 plays in the winter conditions of December. By that time I am guessing we are just deciding what side to run power on. If anyone has that halftime speech, post it. I am not smart enough or energetic enough to find that.
    You have the right to your opinion but I think you are wrong about Stitt. Why should he be generic? Why should he act like every other coach? Why shouldnt he be arrogant and cocky?

I like REAL.

I hate cookie cutter and cliche' if I wanted that I would watch the NFL

I have met and talked to him on several different occasions and he is confident not cocky its your problem if you take it the wrong way not his. Its no different than John Gruden making the chucky face........I think thats arrogant but people love him for it and its who he is.

Lots of people around Missoula dont like him, but that makes me like him more because the majority of Missoula is a bunch of liberal asshats that need to be purged from MY state. I dont care what they think and neither does Stitt. There is a thread on his behavior http://www.maroonblood.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1599

I bet a lot more people are going to hate him for the way he celebrated downtown with fans doing shots and cheering on his team. I thought it was awesome but I am sure the puritans will hate him because hes having fun. Be who you are and dont ever let anyone veer you from the course.
    AG1 - by himself at the West Acres food court

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAGRIZ1 View Post
    You have the right to your opinion but I think you are wrong about Stitt. Why should he be generic? Why should he act like every other coach? Why shouldnt he be arrogant and cocky?

I like REAL.

I hate cookie cutter and cliche' if I wanted that I would watch the NFL

I have met and talked to him on several different occasions and he is confident not cocky its your problem if you take it the wrong way not his. Its no different than John Gruden making the chucky face........I think thats arrogant but people love him for it and its who he is.

Lots of people around Missoula dont like him, but that makes me like him more because the majority of Missoula is a bunch of liberal asshats that need to be purged from MY state. I dont care what they think and neither does Stitt. There is a thread on his behavior http://www.maroonblood.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1599

I bet a lot more people are going to hate him for the way he celebrated downtown with fans doing shots and cheering on his team. I thought it was awesome but I am sure the puritans will hate him because hes having fun. Be who you are and dont ever let anyone veer you from the course.
    I give him a pass on this...after 15 years of div2 coaching (with no title), then winning your first FCS game against the 4 time champs on ESPN. I'd probably blow a gasket.

I take back everything I just said. I just watched the replay on my DVR. Griz players went nuts and celebrated. Stitt ran out and hugged 15 of them and joined them (no problem with that at all). He then stopped and looked around for a good 5-10 seconds for your coach, who was being interviewed at that time by a sideline reporter. He high fives two more players and then he was being interviewed as well. I'd say it was bad timing more than anything else. Stitt doesn't strike me as one who would disrespect a coach or program....in fact just the opposite.

That's what happens when teams beat Ndsu. They act like we act in January

He also made a comment when that sideline reporter interviewed him after half that bugged me.

If Stitt keeps gambling on his play calling and starts to lose games the fan base will want his head. He is a gambler and as long as he wins he can survive what most would call stupid play calling. He never won a title in DII with this great offense mind. He'll even UN_ won one. This was his first game. Let's look again at the end of the year. Hats off to the Grizz they beat us. Just Win Baby!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.