Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Miller GF Herald gets it...on COA

Default Re: Tom Miller GF Herald gets it...on COA

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    UN_ shouldn't have a problem raising that much cash. After all according to the Montana and UNI boards the only reason that NDSU can afford to provide COA across the board is because of our oil money. By the way, I am upping my contribution, but first I have to put a derrick in my backyard.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Yep, we have zero need for a big fancy IPF...inside I'm not sure how it is so much better. It is just one huge space to practice in out of the elements.

Also to Bot an IPF with a full field is easily 10 million. Probably closer to 15 if you want to rival UND or SDSU.

Sent from my A0001
    The ipf will not cost 15 million. The only reason thr other schools cost thst much is because it hosts indoor track, coaching offices, weight rooms, meeting rooms, and a bunch of other stuff we already gave. We wouldn't need 2 weight rooms or coaching offices.

The indoor track building we recently built cost about 5 million and the building itself is big enough to fit turf in. An IPF wouldn't have all the fancy track stuff. Just turf.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The ipf will not cost 15 million. The only reason thr other schools cost thst much is because it hosts indoor track, coaching offices, weight rooms, meeting rooms, and a bunch of other stuff we already gave. We wouldn't need 2 weight rooms or coaching offices.

The indoor track building we recently built cost about 5 million and the building itself is big enough to fit turf in. An IPF wouldn't have all the fancy track stuff. Just turf.
    So, it would just be a structure to cover the turf? Like a giant bubble over the top of it?
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    So, it would just be a structure to cover the turf? Like a giant bubble over the top of it?
    Except with the added "feature" that you'd have to go beg Bismarck for approval to build it.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Yes except it would be used year round instead of 6 months and it would be much more impressive. The bubble would still be used and we would have one of the largest collections of indoor facilities anywhere in our neck of the woods

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Except with the added "feature" that you'd have to go beg Bismarck for approval to build it.

Hold on and hear me out on this idea. What if NDSU didn't really "build" a new IPF, but rather it was "created"?

An IPF really isn't needed during the months when the weather is nice, and what do we have on the ground when the weather isn't nice? Yup, snow.

I propose that NDSU builds a giant snow fort or igloo as an IPF. There's no building codes required for igloos and no construction contractors needed. Just pile the snow up that the snow removal crews already and moving in one central location. I would suggest piling it on top of the bubble over Dacotah Field. The turf is already there, and the bubble would help create the interior space needed for an indoor practice facility. Bam! Instant IPF for the cold months!
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Yes except it would be used year round instead of 6 months and it would be much more impressive. The bubble would still be used and we would have one of the largest collections of indoor facilities anywhere in our neck of the woods
    Why should we act like we're down here:

When we're already up here?

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Why should we act like we're down here:

When we're already up here?

Because the guys on top get complacent and the bottom rise to the top.

The conference mates are really stepping up the competition. Sdsu has a new stadium and IPF and will likely do the COA. USD is doing major upgrades. SIU has a new stadium. UN_ has an IPF. Youngstown hired some huge names for coaches along with Tressel and have an amazing IPF. Illinois State just did a major stadium remodel and are paying Spack a ton of money for our conference. Before you know it, all the teams will pay the COA.

Not only thst we compete with Wyoming who just announced a huge upgrade

Because the guys on top get complacent and the bottom rise to the top.

The conference mates are really stepping up the competition. Sdsu has a new stadium and IPF and will likely do the COA. USD is doing major upgrades. SIU has a new stadium. UN_ has an IPF. Youngstown hired some huge names for coaches along with Tressel and have an amazing IPF. Illinois State just did a major stadium remodel and are paying Spack a ton of money for our conference. Before you know it, all the teams will pay the COA.

Not only thst we compete with Wyoming who just announced a huge upgrade
    "We've already got one."

"We've already got one."
    We've got one that plays 2nd fiddle to the boat show, home show, high school football games late in the year and pretty much anything including concerts.