Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Miller GF Herald gets it...on COA

Default Re: Tom Miller GF Herald gets it...on COA

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We've got one that plays 2nd fiddle to the boat show, home show, high school football games late in the year and pretty much anything including concerts.
    Well, we're talking about a practice facility, so I would hope so.

You're going a little Elsa Schneider at the end of "The Last Crusade" over this. "Hold on loosely... Don't let your heart get in the way."
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 08-28-2015 at 08:24 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

We've got one that plays 2nd fiddle to the boat show, home show, high school football games late in the year and pretty much anything including concerts.
    Hey, NDSU has only used the Alerus Center once.

And for all you FBS guys... we already have a small stadium by FBS standards, which could be an issue and if we're going to get a conference invite we want to impress with facilities. Our current practice fields definitely do not come across as big time. The bubble is cool as an additional feature but let's face it, there are high schools that have a bubble to practice in. Do we want to be like Eastern Michigan or, uhh, the other 3 Dakota schools?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

And for all you FBS guys... we already have a small stadium by FBS standards, which could be an issue and if we're going to get a conference invite we want to impress with facilities. Our current practice fields definitely do not come across as big time. The bubble is cool as an additional feature but let's face it, there are high schools that have a bubble to practice in. Do we want to be like Eastern Michigan or, uhh, the other 3 Dakota schools?

And what does a $10 million ipf do to improve that image over a bubble?? There really is no purpose would rather save the $10 million for a stadium...

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    And what does a $10 million ipf do to improve that image over a bubble?? There really is no purpose would rather save the $10 million for a stadium...

At this point I'm close to donating the money just so I don't have to listen to this silliness.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    It's the difference between SDSU's old restrooms and new restrooms

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

The ipf will not cost 15 million. The only reason thr other schools cost thst much is because it hosts indoor track, coaching offices, weight rooms, meeting rooms, and a bunch of other stuff we already gave. We wouldn't need 2 weight rooms or coaching offices.

The indoor track building we recently built cost about 5 million and the building itself is big enough to fit turf in. An IPF wouldn't have all the fancy track stuff. Just turf.
    The indoor track building isn't tall enough and I doubt it is long enough for something like that to work. UND has an IPF that is massive and it basically fits a football field. An IPF is an easy $10 million and probably more if you are building it to compete with the Jones's. If you are building something substandard of what they have, then what is the point? We already have a very functional and cost effective space.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

It's the difference between SDSU's old restrooms and new restrooms

No it's not because we don't have SDSUs old restrooms. I don't get why you have a chubby for a ipf. That money could easily be spent elsewhere. Am I saying the bubble is top notch? No but it is a far cry from lowest rung, a $10-15 million building isn't going to look that much more impressive. Now if you were saying $40-50 million then yeah I could sort of get on board. Just drop it already, we have a lot of other needs to take care of before we spend that many dollars on an ipf. Heck you were begging for ipf before the bubble was even up. Tell me what does a $10 million ipf do? You realize you're advocating spending money to give the appearance of trying to keep up to the Jones' with a less than stellar building, than what you're trying to keep up with. The bubble gives us a full indoor location to practice, same as SDSU and UN_. Tell me a specific difference between them other than rigid structure vs air supported structure. The SHAC will be right there with some additional locker room space, not that it matters fargodome with main locker rooms is right across the street from bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The indoor track building isn't tall enough and I doubt it is long enough for something like that to work. UND has an IPF that is massive and it basically fits a football field. An IPF is an easy $10 million and probably more if you are building it to compete with the Jones's. If you are building something substandard of what they have, then what is the point? We already have a very functional and cost effective space.
    Im not saying to use exact building but the general steel building concept is cost effective. The Indoor Track building is actually 80,000 square feet which is way more space than a football field although weird dimentions. As of now it would be long enough for a 100 yard field (not 120) and wide enough to do about 1 and a half fields wide. I've been in there many times and it's plenty tall. But I agree that we want it to look nice on the outside. As far as keeping up with our neighbors, the entire complex which has all the cool stuff like weight rooms coaching offices, etc are already top notch and aren't needed but I'm probably a little low on the estimate if we want it to look impressive. The Indoor Track doesnt look that good

I for one am glad we have professionals in charge of NDSUs Athletic Department.
    Sent from my online-only virtual dorm room.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.