Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Miller GF Herald gets it...on COA

Default Tom Miller GF Herald gets it...on COA

http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...-repeat-itself

TOM MILLER: Don’t let history repeat itself

But UND doesn’t really have ... choice now. You don’t build ... $20 million indoor practice facility with ... vision of playing second-fiddle in your own state

Default Re: Tom Miller GF Herald gets it...on COA

He gets it. Heck UN_ wasn't winning many battles with the Indoor Practice Facility. Neither was SDSU.

Both schools need to do it.

On the flip side, we need to build an IPF just to stay ahead.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    He gets it. Heck UN_ wasn't winning many battles with the Indoor Practice Facility. Neither was SDSU.

Both schools need to do it.

On the flip side, we need to build an IPF just to stay ahead.
    The IPFs at UND and SDSU also double as track competition facilities, right? Um, NDSU has one of those and a bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The IPFs at UND and SDSU also double as track competition facilities, right? Um, NDSU has one of those and a bubble.
    And often has access to FFD......

We have the bubble and the dome but let's face it, you don't want to give a team any advantage, even if it's only perceived. We also compete against Mountain West and MAC schools for recruits.

Besides we don't need a 25+ million dollar complex because all the things that go into the cost of SDSU and UN_s, such as the indoor track, weight room, meeting rooms, coaching offices are already included in the SHAC, Indoor track, and the dome.

We just need a building with a full length turf, a 2nd practice locker room and storage. We could probably do thst for 5 million, which was the cost for the entire indoor track facility. (Which is big enough) Down the road we can do something fancy if needed.

In a perfect world we can build something that looks amazing like this on the outside minus the weight room, coaching offices, meeting rooms, etc. Love the look of this. Picture it on north University next to the shac.(with a Bison logo of course )
    Last edited by HerdBot; 08-28-2015 at 01:42 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

And often has access to FFD......

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I know many people make light of the bubble, but that thing provides immense functionality for the price will be heavily utilized.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

when NDSU builds that $150 million on campus with 45,000 seats for the Big 12, NDSU will have the best IPF ever............. the FargoDome.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

UN_ shouldn't have a problem raising that much cash. After all according to the Montana and UNI boards the only reason that NDSU can afford to provide COA across the board is because of our oil money. By the way, I am upping my contribution, but first I have to put a derrick in my backyard.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by moosbah View Post
    I know many people make light of the bubble, but that thing provides immense functionality for the price will be heavily utilized.
    Yep, we have zero need for a big fancy IPF...inside I'm not sure how it is so much better. It is just one huge space to practice in out of the elements.

Also to Bot an IPF with a full field is easily 10 million. Probably closer to 15 if you want to rival UND or SDSU.

Sent from my A0001
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.