Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oregon fan here

Default Oregon fan here

First off, good luck this year. Really like to see teams wearing green and yellow (and other colors in our case) dominating on the football field and on Gameday . Hopefully y'all continue to dominate until then . . . it would be great to see this game get more interest than a "David vs. Goliath" angle. Hopefully, you will get a chance to make it to the game, the weather will be beautiful and you will be treated great!

Default Re: Oregon fan here

welcome...stick around and chat
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Who knew...a respectful FBS fan.

Welcome to the board.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I've already looked at plane tickets out there. $300 a seat isn't too terrible. I plan on making the trek out there! Stick around and talk...we don't bite that much.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    Who knew...a respectful FBS fan.
    I image the disrespect can really be annoying (luckily for you, your team usually wins these matchups) . . . when I was young, I remember how disrespectful Washington fans were towards us and "our little program." So I have witnessed the highs and lows of being a college football fan . . . luckily for me, payback is a (mutt) and we now own the Huskies (won last 11 matchups by at least 17 points).

What are your goals as a program? Stay at the FCS and dominate, or move up and join the MWC or MAC? Personally, I think you are more relevant staying put and collecting rings. I think it is stupid for the B1G to outlaw these matchups, as these are a win-win for both schools athletic departments . . . usually (I guess K-State fans might not agree, huh).

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

(Quote) Hopefully y'all continue to dominate until then . . . it would be great to see this game get more interest than a "David vs. Goliath![/QUOTE]
    So in your view, you think we are David and Oregon is Goliath..? Not the way I see it, but to each their own i guess. Just kidding, we are all excited to play in Oregon in basketball, softball, and football.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by charlestonduck View Post
    First off, good luck this year. Really like to see teams wearing green and yellow (and other colors in our case) dominating on the football field and on Gameday . Hopefully y'all continue to dominate until then . . . it would be great to see this game get more interest than a "David vs. Goliath" angle. Hopefully, you will get a chance to make it to the game, the weather will be beautiful and you will be treated great!
    When do tickets go on sale?

We've gone through about 3 or 4 cycles of dominance at various levels of football since the early 60s. Even the 'down' years were mostly good. There are 12 national championship trophies to show for it.

We've all watched Oregon grow into one of the elite programs in the country over the past decade or more. It's very impressive.

I'm not a fan of all of the uniform changes...but it's become a part of the program that appeals to recruits and the players. (I like the creativity, but would like to see more of the real school colors.)

It'll be interesting to see where each program is at in 5 years. Recruiting has gone very well here, and the new commitments for 2016 look great. I would imagine it's the same with Oregon.

It'll also be interesting to see how our coaching staff looks then. Big success at this level tends to send coaches on to the next level. But we've usually reloaded very well with outstanding coaches.

Not sure what level we'll be at within the next decade. As you can imagine, there's been a lot of discussion about it here.

I have enjoyed watching Oregon beat USC especially. Might see you in 5. Welcome to the board.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by charlestonduck View Post
    I image the disrespect can really be annoying (luckily for you, your team usually wins these matchups) . . . when I was young, I remember how disrespectful Washington fans were towards us and "our little program." So I have witnessed the highs and lows of being a college football fan . . . luckily for me, payback is a (mutt) and we now own the Huskies (won last 11 matchups by at least 17 points).

What are your goals as a program? Stay at the FCS and dominate, or move up and join the MWC or MAC? Personally, I think you are more relevant staying put and collecting rings. I think it is stupid for the B1G to outlaw these matchups, as these are a win-win for both schools athletic departments . . . usually (I guess K-State fans might not agree, huh).
    Ndsu just today approved cost of attendance in which to me is the first stepping stone to a move up.

My goal for ndsu one day is to be trading 2 and maybe 3 for 1's and host p5 schools in football. To me, the Frisco thing is fun but after 3 wins , I was ready for something new. I missed the good game but oh well.

Some here argue the opposite. I just feel there's opportunity for some real expansion in a move up, especially the way espn is coddling ndsu every season. No fcs or even g5 team outside of Boise get as much love imo