Page 88 of 390 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    NDSU has plenty of Taiwan Jones-caliber players themselves and plenty that are even better. The program has been evolving since the not-a-fumble game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with what he said about defense. I also am not convinced we have a P5 beating D. Previous Bison teams had D lines that could plug up and makes plays vs good P5 lines. I’m not sure we currently have that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I agree with what he said about defense. I also am not convinced we have a P5 beating D. Previous Bison teams had D lines that could plug up and makes plays vs good P5 lines. I’m not sure we currently have that.
    Yep... and ends that raised havoc. Wish tuzska was a junior this year!

Also had a cb we could count on shadowing the best wr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post
    Possibly, I just have a hard time thinking the entire OLine will play in the pros when NDSU over the last 20 years has only had 4 OL guys, 5 if you count TE’s, play in the NFL.
    More than that have had stints in the NFL

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I seem to keep seeing this "Hope they overlook us since they play OSU the next week". You know how pissed off several of you will be when the Oregon fans come on this board using that as an excuse why they lost to us?!! I hope they don't overlook us because I want to know we got their best shot. Do I predict a win, no. Do I ever count our guys out regardless of the opponent, no. Should be fun!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    That would be awesome, but Im guessing maybe half of them ever make an NFL roster. I also wish more of that overall talent was on defense but I love our offense
    Yeah, we really, really miss guys like Emanuel and Marcus in a game like this.....

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    More than that have had stints in the NFL
    Position/Player/yrs in the NFL

OT Haeg ‘16-19
    OT Turner ‘14-19
    T Cornik ‘12-14
    TE Veldman ‘12-13
    T Peck ‘04

Thats 5 including the TE’s. Who did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    It will be great if the Bison beat the Ducks to start the 2020 season.
    The Ducks have a good team, it will be challenge, but the Bison have a shot. I am sure they will bring their A game, and won't roll over if they get behind.

My biggest reservation about the game is the attitude of the NDSU coaching staff on how they use their QB. In the tougher games they rely on the QB running the ball more, based on the 2019 season. Entz said in the JMU post-game this was part of their game plan in that game. This remains a good formula for getting your QB banged up or injured b/c the better teams are generally going to have better defenses (bigger, faster, stronger players).

I feel NDSU needs to figure out how to be less predictable and more innovative (mask plays better), but also distribute the workload as part of the unpredictability. Being willing to sacrifice (maybe too strong a word?) the QB to win a big game is not a long-term formula for success IMO.
    I don't disagree with what you have posted but I am just as concerned with a gameplan that hinders Lance. When he sees the opportunity he has a natural tendancy to take off and in great part that is why he is an offensive weapon. In other words, let him have the option to do what he does best.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by 16>1 View Post
    I seem to keep seeing this "Hope they overlook us since they play OSU the next week". You know how pissed off several of you will be when the Oregon fans come on this board using that as an excuse why they lost to us?!! I hope they don't overlook us because I want to know we got their best shot. Do I predict a win, no. Do I ever count our guys out regardless of the opponent, no. Should be fun!
    It’s probably their biggest home game ever. They’re not going to talk about NDSU at all unless our trolls bring it up.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    It’s probably their biggest home game ever. They’re not going to talk about NDSU at all unless our trolls bring it up.
    Oh man guys. The trolls are already there...

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDuckGriz View Post
    Oh man guys. The trolls are already there...
    FYI, it's probably just one guy with multiple aliases. And that one guy is considered a pariah here, and for the most part, is a Goofer fan and not a Bison fan.
    Hail the BISON!!!