Page 368 of 390 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Losing spring football really sucked, but it sucked for everyone.
    Losing spring ball will hurt the Ducks more than the Bison since they are breaking in a new starting QB.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Losing spring ball will hurt the Ducks more than the Bison since they are breaking in a new starting QB.
    Considering we got 4-5 weeks of extra practice because of the play offs and the natty losing spring ball isnt really that much of an issue.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

DakotaOkie is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    To me, it's not the offense that is biggest concern; it's the D. Is there an adequate replacement for JCox? Is there someone who can be strong against the run and quick enough to cover the slot receivers and TEs? Losing spring football really sucked, but it sucked for everyone.
    Watching the championship game in person and again several times on TV (including Sunday), it seemed like Jabril was not engaged or was over playing his position with subsequent misses. I am no expert by any means but I really hope Jabril cracks the LSU starting lineup. He did not seem like an impact player during playoffs or in Frisco. Earlier in the season and the past season, yes. Based on the last few games, not sure if he would be all that impactful this fall.
    Last edited by DakotaOkie; 04-22-2020 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Sunday for Saturday...every day seems like the next with the stay at home orders

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    Watching the championship game in person and again several times on TV (including Sunday), it seemed like Jabril was not engaged or was over playing his position with subsequent misses. I am no expert by any means but I really hope Jabril cracks the LSU starting lineup. He did not seem like an impact player during playoffs or in Frisco. Earlier in the season and the past season, yes. Based on the last few games, not sure if he would be all that impactful this fall.
    I saw a few missed tackles, and he didn’t seem as sharp as normal, but he still had a big impact. Jabril will be fine, and I think the bison will be also.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    Not the first time I've read similar comments. I just don't get what people think he's been missing on. In Frisco, he basically completely shut down their stud slot receiver, a guy that will likely be drafted this weekend. He also had a helluva pass breakup where I think a running back was thrown to out in the flat. Damn near took his head off. The reason his name was called less is because of his assignment, not his performance. I think he's been absolutely spectacular. Clearly so did LSU and several other schools.

I think people see how effortless certain things look with Jabrill and mistake it for something else.
    Insert something clever here...

Not the first time I've read similar comments. I just don't get what people think he's been missing on. In Frisco, he basically completely shut down their stud slot receiver, a guy that will likely be drafted this weekend. He also had a helluva pass breakup where I think a running back was thrown to out in the flat. Damn near took his head off. The reason his name was called less is because of his assignment, not his performance. I think he's been absolutely spectacular. Clearly so did LSU and several other schools.

I think people see how effortless certain things look with Jabrill and mistake it for something else.
    LSU has bigger dip-n-dot spoons. Case closed.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

He wasn't flashy with big plays , but did his job to win a title in Frisco and the playoffs for the most part, it was during the season that Jabril was non existant and bored to death

Western Illinois 1 tackle zzz
    UNI 1 tackle

Butler/UND was a sleepwalk (but that was like D2 teams)

Stats arent' pretty https://gobison.com/sports/football/...abril-cox/8431
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

How much of that were teams running/passing to areas on the field where Jabril was not lined up?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    He wasn't flashy with big plays , but did his job to win a title in Frisco and the playoffs for the most part, it was during the season that Jabril was non existant and bored to death

UNI 1 tackle

It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    How much of that were teams running/passing to areas on the field where Jabril was not lined up?
    Lots.........
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

UNI 1 tackle

If his stats weren't pretty last year (at a new position), then what do you think of his stats the previous two years, which were worse outside the INT stat his Sophomore year? Again, you're back to bashing NDSU athletes with lies.

Career Defensive Statistics

Season GP SOLO AST TOT TFL-YDS SACKS-YDS INT PD FF FR BLK
    2017 15 47 28 75 13-58 4.5-25 1 4 1 3 0
    2018 15 54 37 91 9.5-29 4-21 4 7 0 0 0
    2019 15 57 35 92 9.5-60 5.5-32 1 7 0 0 0
    Total 45 158 100 258 32.0-147 14.0-78 6 18 1 3 0
    Last edited by Christopher Moen; 04-23-2020 at 09:30 AM.
    Hail the BISON!!!