Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Yes and in high heels in support of their lgbqtabcdefg community

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Bye bye

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Great political post, captain dipshit. Didn’t you learn last time?
    No. Some will never learn.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    No. Some will never learn.
    Nah, take it easy on him. He's probably just fighting some of his own demons as he works his way out of the closet. I'm going to send him a message of support and suggest that you do the same. From knowing other people that have gone through it, I know that he can use all of our support. I think that he's coming out (no pun intended) to Oregon for the Ducks game. I have a friend named Clarence that he might find cute so I'll try to set them up.

You guys take things way too seriously.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Thank you for clarifying D IAA for us. We had no idea what FCS was before you enlightened us.

And no, you have never played an FCS team like NDSU.
    You're right. Oregon plays FBS P5 teams every week in-conference and during bowl season who are at... or much better than NDSU.
    Uff da.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncommon.Name View Post
    You're right. Oregon plays FBS P5 teams every week in-conference and during bowl season who are at... or much better than NDSU.
    Of course, Oregon does. We wouldn't expect anything less from God's gift to football.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Great political post, captain dipshit. Didn’t you learn last time?
    Discrimination isn't left vs. right. His comment is bull shit regardless of political ideology.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Hey, looks like this thread is back to football talk.

Oregon starts their spring practices tomorrow, culminating in the spring game on 4/18. Last year's game was a pretty decent looking scrimmage, with an announced attendance of 35k. I'm hoping they do a legit offense 1s vs 2s, and defensive 1s vs 2s again - that way I can at least have something to hold me over until fall camp. You guys are getting pretty familiar with Oregon football by now but here are some answers we're hoping to get a preview of:

* New offense. People have analyzed Joe Moorhead's offense from his days at Penn State and Miss State, but offenses are always evolving and adjust to the players on hand. Probably won't see much, but I'm looking to see if it's more shotgun based instead of the pistol we had with Arroyo.

* QB. The big position battle. Tyler Shough is obviously the front runner but it will be interesting to see if Jay Butterfield has anything to offer right away, or if Cale Millen is healthy enough and can compete.

Those two are the biggest improvements we can make from 2019. Arroyo's offense had it's moments but stalled too much with what most of consider predictability. And for as much as we loved local kid Herbert and his incredible arm, he was the most maddening QB considering his talent level. So poor under pressure, too many questionable throws. It seems crazy to say that replacing a top-10 pick at QB might make the team better, but this is a possibility when combined with a new offensive system.

* OL. It's not a big question of who the four guys other than Penei Sewell will be, more of a where. My guess is Steven Jones at RT, Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu at a guard spot, Alex Forsyth at center or LG, and Jonah Tauanu'u somewhere. A few more guys have chances, but I think the top four are a sure bet.

* TE. The opening day starter the past two years (Cam McCormick) is supposed to be back from injury: he's only played one half of football in the past two years with season ending injuries. He's supposed to a stud, but hasn't been able to stay healthy. We have a 6'5" 250 kid in Spencer Webb who was more of a WR hybrid, curious how he'll be used as Moorehead loves big WRs. We have a pure blocker in Hunter Kampmoyer. The real wild card is DJ Johnson, a former top-100 recruit and Miami transfer who was a rotation DE last year and switched positions. He's a 6'5" 275 pound athletic freak who in HS was running the 100m in the 10.8s.

* WR. Not much unknown here. Johnny Johnson III, Jaylon Redd, and Mycah Pittman are proven commodities. The question is how big of a role Devon Williams will have after sitting out a year as a transfer from USC, he's the most highly touted of the WRs and we're all excited to see him. Williams will probably be battling another lanky 6'5" guy Bryan Addison.

* DL. Not much mystery here, maybe just how the staff slots the younger guy back-ups.

* LB. Biggest thing to see here is where 5-star LB Noah Sewell lines up, before 5-star Justin Flowe arrives. The rotation at ILB spots will be interesting. And who the staff views as the replacement at OLB, with my guess being Adrian Jackson who missed last year with an injury but was poised to be a major contributor.

* DB. Nothing really new here since everyone is back. Maybe just how the safety rotation goes between Brady Breeze and Nick Pickett. Breeze just dominated in the USC, Utah, and Wisconsin games.

The game will be on Pac-12 net, and usually gets uploaded to YouTube soon after.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeYachting View Post
    Hey, looks like this thread is back to football talk.

Oregon starts their spring practices tomorrow, culminating in the spring game on 4/18. Last year's game was a pretty decent looking scrimmage, with an announced attendance of 35k. I'm hoping they do a legit offense 1s vs 2s, and defensive 1s vs 2s again - that way I can at least have something to hold me over until fall camp. You guys are getting pretty familiar with Oregon football by now but here are some answers we're hoping to get a preview of:

* New offense. People have analyzed Joe Moorhead's offense from his days at Penn State and Miss State, but offenses are always evolving and adjust to the players on hand. Probably won't see much, but I'm looking to see if it's more shotgun based instead of the pistol we had with Arroyo.

* QB. The big position battle. Tyler Shough is obviously the front runner but it will be interesting to see if Jay Butterfield has anything to offer right away, or if Cale Millen is healthy enough and can compete.

Those two are the biggest improvements we can make from 2019. Arroyo's offense had it's moments but stalled too much with what most of consider predictability. And for as much as we loved local kid Herbert and his incredible arm, he was the most maddening QB considering his talent level. So poor under pressure, too many questionable throws. It seems crazy to say that replacing a top-10 pick at QB might make the team better, but this is a possibility when combined with a new offensive system.

* OL. It's not a big question of who the four guys other than Penei Sewell will be, more of a where. My guess is Steven Jones at RT, Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu at a guard spot, Alex Forsyth at center or LG, and Jonah Tauanu'u somewhere. A few more guys have chances, but I think the top four are a sure bet.

* TE. The opening day starter the past two years (Cam McCormick) is supposed to be back from injury: he's only played one half of football in the past two years with season ending injuries. He's supposed to a stud, but hasn't been able to stay healthy. We have a 6'5" 250 kid in Spencer Webb who was more of a WR hybrid, curious how he'll be used as Moorehead loves big WRs. We have a pure blocker in Hunter Kampmoyer. The real wild card is DJ Johnson, a former top-100 recruit and Miami transfer who was a rotation DE last year and switched positions. He's a 6'5" 275 pound athletic freak who in HS was running the 100m in the 10.8s.

* WR. Not much unknown here. Johnny Johnson III, Jaylon Redd, and Mycah Pittman are proven commodities. The question is how big of a role Devon Williams will have after sitting out a year as a transfer from USC, he's the most highly touted of the WRs and we're all excited to see him. Williams will probably be battling another lanky 6'5" guy Bryan Addison.

* DL. Not much mystery here, maybe just how the staff slots the younger guy back-ups.

* LB. Biggest thing to see here is where 5-star LB Noah Sewell lines up, before 5-star Justin Flowe arrives. The rotation at ILB spots will be interesting. And who the staff views as the replacement at OLB, with my guess being Adrian Jackson who missed last year with an injury but was poised to be a major contributor.

* DB. Nothing really new here since everyone is back. Maybe just how the safety rotation goes between Brady Breeze and Nick Pickett. Breeze just dominated in the USC, Utah, and Wisconsin games.

The game will be on Pac-12 net, and usually gets uploaded to YouTube soon after.
    Nobody here cares. Try here: http://ducksattack.com/forum/

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Nobody here cares. Try here: http://ducksattack.com/forum/
    So you would rather just blindly state that NDSU is going to beat Oregon without knowing who or what NDSU is even up against? You just lose all credibility when you say things like this.
    Uff da.