Page 328 of 390 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338378 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    There is a big difference between NDSU and FCS. Granted you see teams of NDSU's caliber in conference play every year, so its not anything wild.
    This. This was my point.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    And ability alone does not decide the outcome of the game. A great game plan, executing plays, being opportunistic, lack of mistakes, etc.are likely more important. Unlike what some FBS fans think, Oregon is not playing some DII team. Also, the talent differences are not as dramatic as you think.
    If you agree that Oregon will be a more "talented" team, then you can't also agree that "stars don't matter". One common theme I've seen in this thread is that NDSU is as talented as a vast majority of teams in the Pac-12. [They're NOT, at least if you consider players on NFL rosters a measure of talent]. The other is that NDSU is simply a more disciplined, well-coached unit that just "wants it more". The subtext of that line of thinking is that somehow Oregon is not similarly prepared/disciplined/coached up. There are certainly FBS teams that play un-disciplined, are poorly prepared and don't have quality leadership. That has even been true of Oregon teams once or twice in my 30 years following them. But it's not true of the two teams that have been led by the current coaching staff and it's not likely to be true this year. No team is immune to mistakes or poor play, but that applies every bit as much to the underdog as to the favorite. To suggest otherwise is wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    This. This was my point.

Honest question... do you feel NDSU will be as good as they were last year?
    Uff da.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncommon.Name View Post
    The offense should be better. With the loss of Cox the big question will be the defense.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Uncommon.Name View Post
    I think they will be overall better. Honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I think they will be overall better. Honestly.

Considering we had a rookie head coach, new coordinators, and an offense led by a freshman QB with other underclassmen being big contributors, I'd say the sky is the limit.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Much of this is truth but saying stars don’t mean anything is an over reaction to those that wrongly believe they mean everything.
    Yeah, I’m not a big fan of the star system myself but 4/5 stars do statistically get drafted at a way higher rate than 3 stars. On individual cases there are some great 3 star/no star kids who turn into great players and have great NFL careers. Basically more 4-5 stars is better. On a macro level it’s statistically proven that teams with more 4-5 star players are better than teams with less. Micro, I don’t care much for it because I don’t think most of the guys making ratings know their head from their ass when it comes to evaluating and projecting talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    And ability alone does not decide the outcome of the game. A great game plan, executing plays, being opportunistic, lack of mistakes, etc.are likely more important. Unlike what some FBS fans think, Oregon is not playing some DII team. Also, the talent differences are not as dramatic as you think.
    Just basing off 2019 NDSU had 1 (could be wrong maybe 2) player invited to the combine. The Ducks has 7. There is a substantial talent gap.

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    Just basing off 2019 NDSU had 1 (could be wrong maybe 2) player invited to the combine. The Ducks has 7. There is a substantial talent gap.

So you graduated more talent. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    So you graduated more talent. Got it.

Sure except for the part where we return a ton of production on both sides and will send another 7+ next year and 7+ the year after that