Page 326 of 390 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Much of this is truth but saying stars don’t mean anything is an over reaction to those that wrongly believe they mean everything.
    This. While there are many kids that fly under the radar and don't receive a high star rating in high school, then go on to be college and sometimes even NFL studs... for the most part, the stars are pretty indicative of the players talent level. Not saying there aren't flops either. I don't think you can have a perfect system.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^ People (FBS schools) think that NDSU can't recruit... Stars don't mean jack shit. This program has many examples of how flawed the star system is. Now does a kid with the right build and speed usually have a better shot at playing right away? Sure, usually, but it also depends on the program. But we are developmental program and that's not how it works here. We have a freaking walk on in the NFL right now that was drafted in the 5th rd and multiple guys that were passed up by P5 schools that are in the NFL.
    Here's the thing ... highly rated players get developed too. And go look at the Ducks about to have their names called at the draft. Dye (3* - 595 National Rank). Herbert (3* - 659). Throckmorton, Lemieux, Hansen - all 3* and outside the top 500. Jacob Breeland? 3* - 642 nationally. The coaches at Oregon (and tOSU, Alabama, etc) don't look at recruiting rankings when they set depth charts. Nobody should discount what NDSU has done to find and develop talent, but they don't hold a monopoly on that skill.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckLurker View Post
    Here's the thing ... highly rated players get developed too. And go look at the Ducks about to have their names called at the draft. Dye (3* - 595 National Rank). Herbert (3* - 659). Throckmorton, Lemieux, Hansen - all 3* and outside the top 500. Jacob Breeland? 3* - 642 nationally. The coaches at Oregon (and tOSU, Alabama, etc) don't look at recruiting rankings when they set depth charts. Nobody should discount what NDSU has done to find and develop talent, but they don't hold a monopoly on that skill.
    Not a monopoly at it but they are exceptional at it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Spread just moved from NDSU +10 to NDSU +16
    I might be overreacting, but I really do honestly think NDSU’s chances of winning dropped significantly with the loss of Cox.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I might be overreacting, but I really do honestly think NDSU’s chances of winning dropped significantly with the loss of Cox.
    dramatically i'm afraid. on defense, name another power 5 talent. ill wait.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Bison Offense facing a top 2 FBS defense is already tough enough. Now losing a key part of the Bison defense only helps their young offense. This could be a double digit loss for the Bison.
    Uff da.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Not a monopoly at it but they are exceptional at it.

And so is Oregon. The ability of the players on the field will not be an advantage for NDSU.

And so is Oregon. The ability of the players on the field will not be an advantage for NDSU.
    I don't think this comes as a surprise to anyone.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I think you may have read way too much into my post and in fact probably completely missed the point.

And ability alone does not decide the outcome of the game. A great game plan, executing plays, being opportunistic, lack of mistakes, etc.are likely more important. Unlike what some FBS fans think, Oregon is not playing some DII team. Also, the talent differences are not as dramatic as you think.