Page 309 of 390 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by stilloldduck View Post
    Since I don't think we'll lose, I say we won't drop. Since I also think we win by more than 14, I don't think that would impact our ranking either.

That being said, for your hypotheticals: IF we were to lose, I don't think we fall from the top 25 (probably into the 15-20 range, though). IF we win by 14 or less, we might drop 2-3 spots...that's all. (Edit: I don't think you guys realize how much respect you have earned. Losing to a good team - or even winning close - isn't going to be a disaster for the rankings. And you guys are - justifiably - regarded as a good team at any level.)

Like that answer better?
    Yes thank you.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I dont. I think he will turn into a fantastic prospect.
    I guess my point is that he has the potential, but he is not there yet. The "turn into" portion of your post is where I am at right now.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I think Oregon will be ranked #7 -- or at least in the top 10

If the Bison win, the ducks will be out of the top 25. If the Duck win by less than 14 points, they might get dropped out of the top 25.

A big day for Lance against a top-tier FBS defense might help his draft stock, but I can't see him leaving early.
    If Oregon wins, even by a point, they aren’t dropping completely out of the top 25. I looked at Auburn a few years ago when they beat Jax St. in OT and they dropped from 6 to 16. Oregon would probably drop to the 10-15 range with a closer than expected win, but aren’t dropping much (if at all) with a 14 point win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Ok, so... here some things I was thinking about today... Questions for both fanbases on here, just curious what everyone thinks:

1. Where do you think Oregon will be rated in the Top 25 to start the season? (probably more for Oregon fans to answer)
    2. Not talking about probability here, if the Bison beat the Ducks, should they be rated in the Top 25?
    ..... a. Follow-up question on that one, if the Bison beat the Ducks, WILL they be rated in the Top 25?
    3. If the Bison beat the Ducks and Trey Lance has an absolute monster day (which is likely what will need to happen to win), does this change his draft stock, and/or likelihood he declares early?

Honestly not trying to start anything with these questions, just curious what everyone thinks. Cheers!
    #4 to #7 depending on how the spring game looks/injuries.
    Bison win, #18-22, and they’ll flirt with staying ranked all season as long as they don’t lose/play a bunch of close games and Oregon doesn’t pull an Iowa/KSU and completely shit the bed for the rest of the season.
    1 game won’t matter. It will be how he rates/measures. If he tests out and everyone thinks he’s the next Mahomes he might go early, especially if he’s nursing a 46 game winning streak.

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    If Oregon wins, even by a point, they aren’t dropping completely out of the top 25. I looked at Auburn a few years ago when they beat Jax St. in OT and they dropped from 6 to 16. Oregon would probably drop to the 10-15 range with a closer than expected win, but aren’t dropping much (if at all) with a 14 point win.

You think that much? I think national media has significantly more respect for NDSU than Jax St.

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    You think that much? I think national media has significantly more respect for NDSU than Jax St.

Agree with this... also, Re: the 1 game tape on Lance argument... I’ve heard B-Mac say when he talks to NFL scouts, the first and most important thing they look at is what they did against FBS and P5 especially.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Ok, so... here some things I was thinking about today... Questions for both fanbases on here, just curious what everyone thinks:

1. Where do you think Oregon will be rated in the Top 25 to start the season? (probably more for Oregon fans to answer)
    2. Not talking about probability here, if the Bison beat the Ducks, should they be rated in the Top 25?
    ..... a. Follow-up question on that one, if the Bison beat the Ducks, WILL they be rated in the Top 25?
    3. If the Bison beat the Ducks and Trey Lance has an absolute monster day (which is likely what will need to happen to win), does this change his draft stock, and/or likelihood he declares early?

Honestly not trying to start anything with these questions, just curious what everyone thinks. Cheers!
    1) 7
    2) Yes and yes
    3) Helps stock and for the 2nd part No.

Oregon isn’t dropping for winning 10+.

1-10 win and bumped down slightly. It won’t matter because Ohio St will reveal quickly if we’re a contender.

this thred needa. b shut down already judas preiest ud think it was a mcfeely talk show (i always loved that 1)

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post

Ducks starting from 7, and winning say 27-24, I can see them being 10 or 12 the next week pretty easy. Not saying they SHOULD, just that’s what I would expect.

Agree with this... also, Re: the 1 game tape on Lance argument... I’ve heard B-Mac say when he talks to NFL scouts, the first and most important thing they look at is what they did against FBS and P5 especially.
    They look at it but they will apply context. Josh Allen got absolutely destroyed when we played Wyoming. He played bad but it wasn’t necessarily his fault. He just had 10 other guys on the field losing their 1on1’s every snap for 4 quarters. No one in the NFL held that against him. If he comes out and shows the traits (this is what actually matters) the outcome will have no effect. If he has to carry the offense and isn’t able to because Oregon is winning across the board (hypothetical before anyone gets upset) it won’t get marked against him. If NDSU loses because he can’t make tighter window throws outside the numbers it might be a mark against but that’s because he’s lacking a trait not because NDSU lost. Just an example