Page 303 of 390 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Iowa didn’t start at 13 and certainly didn’t finish there. Also, I got a first hand look at the 2012 KSU and 2015 Iowa teams, which were both better than the teams you faced. Those teams got boat raced by the PAC 12. Those teams didn’t have the depth and athletic profile to match the Ducks back then. Oregon fans know their team. This is the deepest accumulation of raw talent Oregon has assembled.
    Again, you're making my point for me. 2019 Oregon was good. So was 2012 Kstate and 2015 Iowa. Even if you think 2020 Oregon will be better than these teams somehow after losing their starting QB and having a new OC and DBacks coach, there is no way to say this definitively, its just your homer take.

NDSU is more of a question mark for me this year than in years past. If Oregon wins this by 3 scores or more, I will be the first to admit I was wrong about 2020 Oregon. If the Bison keep it close, but lose, I think it will have more to do with our young team than your gifted 5-star players. But until then, I don't think you're going to get many Bison fans to agree that your squad looks that much different than these other teams.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Most of us had the same questions about the 2019 Bison after losing the head coach, OC, and starting QB who was drafted by an NFL team.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Again, you're making my point for me. 2019 Oregon was good. So was 2012 Kstate and 2015 Iowa. Even if you think 2020 Oregon will be better than these teams somehow after losing their starting QB and having a new OC and DBacks coach, there is no way to say this definitively, its just your homer take.

NDSU is more of a question mark for me this year than in years past. If Oregon wins this by 3 scores or more, I will be the first to admit I was wrong about 2020 Oregon. If the Bison keep it close, but lose, I think it will have more to do with our young team than your gifted 5-star players. But until then, I don't think you're going to get many Bison fans to agree that your squad looks that much different than these other teams.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Most of us had the same questions about the 2019 Bison after losing the head coach, OC, and starting QB who was drafted by an NFL team.
    Exactly, and there's a reason why I predicted a 2-3 loss season this year. Happily whiffed on that one, but I don't think its normal for expectations to be that far exceeded.

I was more concerned about our offense last year than this year. The Arroyo and Herbert combo are gone and it’s time for a new chapter. The last chapter left a lot to be desired. I wish them both success in their new endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    We have played sides before, but typically our #1 will stick on the opposing teams #1, unless they play in the slot. The national title game we did follow the slot guy around with our #1 for the most part.
    It’ll be interesting to see what NDSU does there. Esp with limited film on what Oregon is going to be running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    I was more concerned about our offense last year than this year. The Arroyo and Herbert combo are gone and it’s time for a new chapter. The last chapter left a lot to be desired. I wish them both success in their new endeavors.
    I just think that’s nuts, man. You can’t lose your QB and OC and just assume it will be better. Hope it’s as good, at the most.

Ok here’s the part you’re missing. 2019 Oregon was great because of their DEFENSE. That defense returns 9 of 11 guys, is absolutely loaded behind them, and adds the most talent the Ducks have ever had in a single recruiting class. Someone said earlier it’s the most raw talent they’ve had, but it’s not just raw talent it’s also experienced talent.

The OC change is universally considered to be an upgrade.

CB coach is a former Duck D analyst coming back after vastly improving MN’s CB play in the 1 year he was there. Players are excited he’s coming back. Old CB coach loss hurts because was a great recruiter which is why USC wanted him so much.

QB is a question mark, Herbert was great but go back and watch the spring game highlights I posted 200 pages ago in this thread. Most of the QB highlights are of the backup QB Shough...

Unless you’re arguing that returning players don’t matter which would be a bummer. I was excited to watch an elite FCS team play, but by your argument NDSU is likely to be just another checkbook win to pad the stats. That’s a fucking moronic take.

<bets still on, ship them as collectible cans or bottles.>

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The Corner coach is a total non factor in this game. We have two 4 year starter seniors and a true sophomore who played substantial snaps in every game of 2019 back. Esp with the seniors they are essentially finished products. Our new OC is a substantial upgrade BUT it will be game 1 so I highly doubt Oregon will be clicking on all cylinders. The starting QB is a TBD, but he will have better weapons to distribute the rock to than Herbert had. Esp at WR where Oregon had just a crazy amount of injuries last year. I’m picking Oregon to go 10-2 with losses to Ohio State and a Pac-12 road game for the reasons mentioned.

I just think that’s nuts, man. You can’t lose your QB and OC and just assume it will be better. Hope it’s as good, at the most.
    It happens literally all the time though. In fact when the same OC took over for Penn State he was replacing a similarly regarded QB in Christian Hackenberg with a first time starter and took them from 81st to top 15 in year 1.

Look at Arroyo’s output as a coordinator and get back to me. Also, this isn’t some made up refrain going into the offseason. I have contemptuous posts on scoopduck saying Herbert plays constipated the past two seasons. Shough plays with big dick energy.