Page 281 of 390 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    Ok, I think you are missing my point.
    I think Oregon is going to pretty good next year. Possibly playoff caliber if things break the right way in terms of injuries and players stepping up into new roles most notably at QB.

NDSU has proven to be a dominant FCS level team that can out-punch its weight and returns a lot of production off a 15-0 team.

tOSU beat the living crap out of every team they played last year save one and lost a close one in the playoff to Clemson. tOSU was one of the 3 best teams in CFB last year and returns a metric crap ton of talent including a top 2 QB in CFB. They are very well coached and recruit as well as anyone in CFB.

Oregon has not lost in Autzen since 9/22/2018. We do a pretty damn good job of protecting our place. IF a plucky, hungry, motivated NDSU manages to upset a more talented Oregon on the road in Autzen that means Oregon has issues that wont be fixable in 7 days before playing a exponentially better Ohio State team led by Justin Fields that will have a talent advantage on Oregon. Very simple deductive reasoning.

Obviously you play the games for a reason and teams out/under-perform expectations all the time but we have a nice recent sample of Ohio State with very similar personnel being a dominant team. This isn't meant as disrespect but we can all admit that Ohio State is a consistently ELITE program and they return a ton. I certainly think we (Oregon) can play with and beat Ohio State, but I also recognize they are a very talented team with great coaches and will be favored. If Oregon cant beat NDSU we will get blown out by Ohio State because that would be a sign of structural problems on this team.

1 - Let's make that the 16-0 that it actually was. The first time since Yale I believe in 1894 or something like that.
    2 - That's a big assumption. It could be instead that little ole' NDSU wasn't just "plucky" but rather quite a bit better than you give them credit for, head pats or no.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptown View Post
    Oregon fan here. Finally got through the account verification process...

Now listen up here you ********** ...

I kid, I kid. Have enjoyed reading the thread these last two weeks and can’t wait to welcome you all to Autzen. Had a chance to interact with a lot of Wisconsin fans at the RB and was just blown away by them. It was louder on the first 3rd and 8 of the game than any stadium I’ve ever been in. I hope you guys come away with similar feelings about our crowd, if not the same outcome.

Cheers to a pair of national championship seasons
    Wait, what? We have an account verification process? That must be new because, you know, somehow I got in.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Wait, what? We have an account verification process? That must be new because, you know, somehow I got in.
    I'm still trying to figure out how tony slipped up on this one.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

How would something this obvious make my football IQ low? Like last year where they destroyed everyone they played until they lost a great game against Clemson?

If we can’t beat the best team in FCS we aren’t beating the best team in FBS. Ohio State is considerably better than NDSU. This is such an obvious statement and everyone on this board including yourself know it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think thia post needs to be saved.

Obviously you play the games for a reason and teams out/under-perform expectations all the time but we have a nice recent sample of Ohio State with very similar personnel being a dominant team. This isn't meant as disrespect but we can all admit that Ohio State is a consistently ELITE program and they return a ton. I certainly think we (Oregon) can play with and beat Ohio State, but I also recognize they are a very talented team with great coaches and will be favored. If Oregon cant beat NDSU we will get blown out by Ohio State because that would be a sign of structural problems on this team.
    NDSU consistently GREATLY outperforms expectations.

Ohio State consistently... beats up on weak teams. Win by 10, or win by 50. Ooh, aah.

What happens consistently when it is put up or shut up time?

Possible the expectations should be adjusted.

I don’t think you realize how big of oregon fans this board becomes 9/6/2020 because i do agree your team is a good to very good team, with an excellent new philosophy. oregon may have the pieces to be a playoff team, otherwise they are not far off.

oregon will not automatically become bad with a close one or loss to NDSU. Psychologically they will need to get it together, and quickly. Will not be some glaring structural issues. Definitely not time to re-evaluate etc etc etc.

Will help if they recognize how good NDSU is, and how good Ohio State is. See past some of the the expectations.

I have said before, if oregon puts the hurt on NDSU, tOSU better WTFO.

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Notification day for ticket allotment draw, no?

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Notification day for ticket allotment draw, no?

no, deadline to submit. week from today for draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptown View Post
    Oregon fan here. Finally got through the account verification process...

Now listen up here you ********** ...

I kid, I kid. Have enjoyed reading the thread these last two weeks and can’t wait to welcome you all to Autzen. Had a chance to interact with a lot of Wisconsin fans at the RB and was just blown away by them. It was louder on the first 3rd and 8 of the game than any stadium I’ve ever been in. I hope you guys come away with similar feelings about our crowd, if not the same outcome.

Cheers to a pair of national championship seasons
    Yeah, it only took them 5 days to approve me...

The notion that "If we can't beat NDSU we will never beat Ohio State" is exactly the defeatist attitude that gets teams beat. Our team expects to win every time they step on the field. Doesn't matter the opponent.

IF a plucky, hungry, motivated NDSU manages to upset a more talented Oregon on the road in Autzen that means Oregon has issues that wont be fixable in 7 days before playing a exponentially better Ohio State team led by Justin Fields that will have a talent advantage on Oregon. Very simple deductive reasoning.
    How many exponents are we talking?
    How the great high-arching heaven
    Looks and laughs upon it all!