Page 213 of 390 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Dont recall those two schools.
    I thought it was those two. That was ages ago though now. I could have swore it was a couple of the big blue blood programs but who knows.
    College of Business Alumnus

Default NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    And I get baiting, and arrogance.

How’d the super-glue go for you on the flag team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    You're missing the point. And it's fine. Guys, I can tell you're trying hard. Commendable, really. But you just can't help it. You play in a P5. You won your conference. You won the Rose Bowl. You return a lot of talent. You obviously think you're going to win this game by 40 and you'll rest your starters at half. Your players can't help it. Your coaches can't help it. You fans, too, everyone cannot help but just assume you're better. We get a little tired of it.
    Exactly!!

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    1) no my gripes with Herberts play started 3 years ago. He doesn’t process the defense well and if you don’t believe me go watch the ASU game. He threw two picks on binary high low reads on smash concepts against cover 2 deep in our own territory. During our comeback he completed few true downfield passes which featured one really great throw but most of his production in that game was on screens. He was a good college player with ELITE tools. He will get drafted very high because of those tools but anyone who really watches Oregon football or who has scouted Herbert would tell you the same.

2) there was a rumor started on Twitter (which could have been accurate) that we were the favorite for Jamie Newman. Oregon never even scheduled a visit or pushed to get him on campus in the 3 weeks between that report and Fromm declaring. If we were so hot and heavy why didn’t we push to get him in for a visit ASAP?

Shough is not a better pro prospect than Herbert. He will have the benefit of a better supporting cast and better system. He also has shown signs of being better at processing the mesh between coverage and concept in the limited reps I’ve seen of him. Including closed to public scrimmages from last fall.

I’m calling B.S. dude. You’re stretching when you bring up reasons why Herbert was an issue that the NFL execs and experts don’t. Yes, he had a bad day (or few). So did Carson during his time at NDSU, but when he graduated, us fans weren’t claiming the team will be better the next season without him, despite the guy who replaced him is also in the NFL.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    We started off beating bad fbs teams, but it was a huge step for us and should never have happened. Look at the recruiting discrepancies in recruiting, funding, scholarships, facilities, on and on. A bad gopher team gets who they want and NDSU gets the leftovers molds them into a club and beats the gophers over the head with it. In the first matchup people were calling for a 50pt blowout. FBS casualties since have been the same story. A step up, a level we have not seen, we managed last time but now we’re entering a whole new world and are about to face real ballers for the first time. We’re going to lose by 50. And quite honestly, we should have gotten blown out. Our FBS games have gotten better/more difficult but as the competition has ramped up the story has stayed the same. The Ducks are simply the latest step up and a story we have heard seen time after time, a higher hurdle with all the same bragging and reasons why we can’t. In my years following all different sports and teams I have never seen a team do so much with what they have. NDSU football is a sports anomaly/wonder and are the most amazing team I’ve seen in any sport at any level for what they have accomplished with what they have. I said it against Kstate and Iowa and it applies to 2020 Oregon: We might lose we might even get rolled but NDSU can 100% beat the Ducks and I can’t wait to see this game play out
    This is one of the best posts I’ve read on here. My point isn’t to downplay the accomplishment of a school from Fargo beating D1 P5 schools. It’s huge and honestly as a 3rd party to it all I rooted for you guys in each of those games. A bunch of things can all be true at once without removing how impressive and true the others are:
    1. NDSU is THE FCS program. No one else is close.
    2. NDSU has shown the ability to punch way above its class and beat P5 teams.
    3. Kansas, Minn, Iowa State and KSU were all mediocre to horrible P5 teams with Iowa being solid to good (although horrible on offense)
    Again that doesn’t diminish the fact that a team with 60 something scholarships from Fargo kicked their ass.
    4. Oregon is a different class of program than those teams and presents a different challenge that is even more unique because of recent recruiting success that is unparalleled even for Oregon.
    So in recap:
    NDSU is a bad ass program
    The wins over Minnesota, Kansas, Iowa State, Kansas State, and Iowa were all impressive
    Oregon is not the aforementioned schools
    Therefore just because you beat those schools doesn’t mean you will beat Oregon.
    Doesn’t mean we think your program is garbage
    Doesn’t mean it can’t be a competitive game (even though if I’m honest I think Oregon separates in the second half)
    Also doesn’t mean that we are arrogant idiots who don’t know anything. We are all CFB fans looking to fill the void left by no ball on saturdays for the next couple months

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I’m calling B.S. dude. You’re stretching when you bring up reasons why Herbert was an issue that the NFL execs and experts don’t. Yes, he had a bad day (or few). So did Carson during his time at NDSU, but when he graduated, us fans weren’t claiming the team will be better the next season without him, despite the guy who replaced him is also in the NFL.

Plus he’s saying that Slough will be better in a system he has yet to even see/participate in.

This guy is a Wonder Burger wanna!

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Herbert isn’t the offense. Every skill spot will be better next year. We have a better play caller.

Shough also plays like he has a big swinging dick.

Default NDSU vs Ducks

Carson Wentz was an infinitely better college QB than Herbert. I’m not stretching anything Herbert isn’t a top 5 QB in our program history. Herbert has the best physical tools in this draft by a mile and won’t be the first or second QB taken (assuming Tuas hip passes medical). Ask yourself why. I’ve watched every snap of Herbert 4-5 times trust me on this I know more about him than you or your favorite twitter scout.

There isn’t an Oregon fan posting on this board who wouldn’t have traded Herbert, their first born and their left nut for Vernon Adams in 2019. We would have been in the playoff

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Oregon has replaced like 5 1st round qbs in 25 years. It’s cute we’re being told what life is like after losing one.

Our best team had a nobody at qb that would stand in the pocket and deliver the ball.