Page 19 of 390 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    I'm just saying how ironic it is. That is all I'm pointing out.

As am I...
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    We enjoyed our 19 years in Oregon and there are far more people moving up from California than the other way around. The Willamette valley is the main farming area as it's mostly flat so it's not the most scenic drive -- not much different than driving from Wahpeton to Grand Forks only there are hills off in the distance and a few volcanoes you can see on a clear day.
    From what I saw of Oregon, they had some quite nice farming areas. Farming is not their problem, it is one of the assets.

Like many others, I moved out of CA a few years ago, so I'm not here to throw in any plugs for CA either. The State of Oregon has a long history of being an "unwelcoming" state to anyone with an out-of-state license plate. I first learned of it 30 years ago, and I don't think it has changed any. The previous poster is emblematic of that attitude. Out-of-staters don't go into Oregon with a chip on their shoulder, they leave Oregon with a chip on their shoulder. I'm sure it varies from person to person, but the persona still exists.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    Did I do that respectfully enough?
    Milkman, you nube! That's not how it goes. I'm surprised Hail hasn't been on here already giving you an effin' earful.

Proper form is "Eat shit and die. Pussy."

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Five years of this?

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Five years of this?
    It will eventually get worse

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Milkman, you nube! That's not how it goes. I'm surprised Hail hasn't been on here already giving you an effin' earful.

Proper form is "Eat shit and die. Pussy."

Learn it. Know it. Live it.
    I wouldn't say nube, more like red shirt freshman. I'll get the hang of the offense coach Loaf. I promise.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by jcdcubs View Post
    This what I want to see NDSU (2014) vs. Ducks (2015).
    Strong post to join date ratio. Keeping up that annual single post average nicely.

Posts 6

See you next year!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Man, talking about a closed practice.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...295?ocid=edgsp
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by LongLostAlum View Post
    From what I saw of Oregon, they had some quite nice farming areas. Farming is not their problem, it is one of the assets.

Like many others, I moved out of CA a few years ago, so I'm not here to throw in any plugs for CA either. The State of Oregon has a long history of being an "unwelcoming" state to anyone with an out-of-state license plate. I first learned of it 30 years ago, and I don't think it has changed any. The previous poster is emblematic of that attitude. Out-of-staters don't go into Oregon with a chip on their shoulder, they leave Oregon with a chip on their shoulder. I'm sure it varies from person to person, but the persona still exists.
    In your earlier email, you indicated that you just completed your first visit. Above, you discuss 30 years of supposed knowledge. Clearly, you made your mind prior to your visit. I liken your experience to so many others that visit places like New York or Paris and complain about the people there. Fact is, if you go into it with a shitty attitude, you may well have that in response. If, like most people, you come here with respect and a great, fun disposition, you will have the time of your life.

Oregon has some of the most diverse scenic environments in the country. Like everywhere else, you are not going to see the good stuff from the freeway. Just drive Hwy 101 on the coast, or get off I-5 near Ashland and drive the Applegate Valley's wine country. Cross one of a dozem mountain passes over the Cascades. Raft a dozen different world class rivers. Ski world class terrain at Mt. Bachelor. Shit, ski in August. Go to a game at Autzen...where they love football and are great hosts unless you're a Husky, Trojan, or Beaver fan. Climb the most popular major mountain climbing peak in America and then visit a dozen breweries or distilleries that night. Sleep in a yurt at a state campground on the coast. Look down into an 8,000 foot deep canyon. Windsurf with a few hundred of your closest friends in the Columbia River Gorge. Visit an actual rain forest. Take in a half dozen play at the Shakespeare Festival. Go to a club and see ground breaking music any night of the week. Visit 75 named waterfalls with 40 miles of Portland.

And, yeah, smoke the weed legally.

Fact is, you don't really know shit about this place so you should keep your fucking thoughts to yourself. Focus on something that you actually know something about and please don't hesitate to take Oregon off of your future travel plans.

As for the rest of you, let me know what you want to see and I will gladly help you gain some knowledge. It is a great place and we will love to show it off to you.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    In your earlier email, you indicated that you just completed your first visit. Above, you discuss 30 years of supposed knowledge. Clearly, you made your mind prior to your visit. I liken your experience to so many others that visit places like New York or Paris and complain about the people there. Fact is, if you go into it with a shitty attitude, you may well have that in response. If, like most people, you come here with respect and a great, fun disposition, you will have the time of your life.

Oregon has some of the most diverse scenic environments in the country. Like everywhere else, you are not going to see the good stuff from the freeway. Just drive Hwy 101 on the coast, or get off I-5 near Ashland and drive the Applegate Valley's wine country. Cross one of a dozem mountain passes over the Cascades. Raft a dozen different world class rivers. Ski world class terrain at Mt. Bachelor. Shit, ski in August. Go to a game at Autzen...where they love football and are great hosts unless you're a Husky, Trojan, or Beaver fan. Climb the most popular major mountain climbing peak in America and then visit a dozen breweries or distilleries that night. Sleep in a yurt at a state campground on the coast. Look down into an 8,000 foot deep canyon. Windsurf with a few hundred of your closest friends in the Columbia River Gorge. Visit an actual rain forest. Take in a half dozen play at the Shakespeare Festival. Go to a club and see ground breaking music any night of the week. Visit 75 named waterfalls with 40 miles of Portland.

And, yeah, smoke the weed legally.

Fact is, you don't really know shit about this place so you should keep your fucking thoughts to yourself. Focus on something that you actually know something about and please don't hesitate to take Oregon off of your future travel plans.

As for the rest of you, let me know what you want to see and I will gladly help you gain some knowledge. It is a great place and we will love to show it off to you.
    Maybe you should smoke some of that weed yourself and mellow out a little bit.