Page 189 of 390 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    The potential is there. Biegler/Ching have shown glimpses, but depth is a concern and how will they show vs a solid run game that Oregon has? Waege could always move inside.

DE will end up being good, but lack of experience is a concern. Cook was a monster vs Delaware before he got hurt. Ogbu hasnt really played. Pierce is young. Waege should be fine. McCormick is solid, but lacks speed and will likely be going against Sewell. We could use Cox as an edge rusher if we cant get to the QB.
    Which gets to the root of what I was trying to discuss with CAS a few days ago. Oregon’s strength on the OL will be the tackles.
    Sewell (Outland winner & highest graded tackle in the history of PFF) is 6’6 335 and genuinely the most naturally explosive and powerful human I’ve ever seen. The bookend will be Steven Jones who the staff cake Grizz. He’s 6’7 350 and another really explosive bendy guy for any size let alone 350 pounds. I have a lot of respect for the technical training your ends get as well as their will to win and conditioning but in your base 40 front if you don’t play with an overhang to help set the edge when we have an attached TE you will absolutely be outmatched in the C/D gap.

Which is why I asked how married NDSU is to a 2 high safety structure, because getting another body down there means you’ll have to play 1 high. If you stay 2 high I think your ends are going to have very, very long days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by seaduck View Post
    If you still think Iowa and Kansas State are on par with Oregon as college football programs, this whole conversation is going nowhere. Congrats on taking all the Oregon fan posts, which have been reasonable, and spinning them to be as stupid as possible while also making up arguments that no Oregon fan ever made.
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckDuckGriz View Post
    Yeah, this person has not at all gone through the last 50 pages.

We've had reasonable and interesting conversations here, heffray. Would love for you to take part.

PS - I thought Plato wasn't officially a planet anymore
    Relax and take a joke, guys. It does kind of seem like we are cycling through the same arguments over and over again... Just having a little fun.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Relax and take a joke, guys. It does kind of seem like we are cycling through the same arguments over and over again... Just having a little fun.
    Also, it should be noted that in the satirical dialogue, YOU GUYS got to be the Dread Pirate Roberts... and NDSU Fans were Viccini. Just tryin to throw you guys a bone... Don't make me write another version where you're Humperdink and NDSU is Indigo Montoye.

Also, it should be noted that in the satirical dialogue, YOU GUYS got to be the Dread Pirate Roberts... and NDSU Fans were Viccini. Just tryin to throw you guys a bone... Don't make me write another version where you're Humperdink and NDSU is Indigo Montoye.
    Are you implying that NDSU has a daddy?

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDuckGriz View Post
    Are you implying that NDSU has a daddy?
    Perhaps, but it's definitely not Humperdink or The 6-fingered man.

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    Which gets to the root of what I was trying to discuss with CAS a few days ago. Oregon’s strength on the OL will be the tackles.
    Sewell (Outland winner & highest graded tackle in the history of PFF) is 6’6 335 and genuinely the most naturally explosive and powerful human I’ve ever seen. The bookend will be Steven Jones who the staff cake Grizz. He’s 6’7 350 and another really explosive bendy guy for any size let alone 350 pounds. I have a lot of respect for the technical training your ends get as well as their will to win and conditioning but in your base 40 front if you don’t play with an overhang to help set the edge when we have an attached TE you will absolutely be outmatched in the C/D gap.

Which is why I asked how married NDSU is to a 2 high safety structure, because getting another body down there means you’ll have to play 1 high. If you stay 2 high I think your ends are going to have very, very long days.

Right. My size comment is more about all else being equal, which it usually isn't. Most of the time bigger means less flexible and explosive. Oregon has some freakish dudes.

Their offense has size. That being said, I am not particularly sold on some of the interior. I think some of our interior DL could have a field day if they don't improve.

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I can get behind this statement but I feel like this group is more high level college type players and not the NFL bodies we've had in the past. Or am I just wrong on that?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I agree—no doubt.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Conditioning plays a big part here, and that is what has given us the advantage in both of our highest profile P5 wins.
    That and the fact they will get more off-season experience practicing Olinemen that are every bit as good as the Ducks’.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    That and the fact they will get more off-season experience practicing Olinemen that are every bit as good as the Ducks’.

I’ll make a long term bet with you right now that at least 3 Oregon starters for the NDSU game on the OL will get drafted before Volson.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Another Duck_uck here to puff chest and tell Bison fans how talented the Duckies are and how this always wins games. The Bison only losing 8 games in 10 years and several FBS P5 victories during that time tells me they can compete. Then again all this Quack intimidation has me really worried so as MNLonghorn would post, 52-7.
    Don't forget about duck fans who think the letter O looks like a triangle. Edit -- the triangle shape is the sign language symbol for vagina.

It's OK to not be OK.