Page 188 of 390 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Let's recap the last 50 pages...

Oregon Fans: NDSU has never seen talent like our squad.
    NDSU Fans: I don't know about that, Kstate in 2013 was very good and Iowa was ranked 13.
    Oregon Fans: Yeah, but they didn't have the 4 and 5 star guys like we do.
    NDSU Fans: If you look at the NFL talent on the roster, especially in that 2016 Iowa team, I think you'll see otherwise.
    Oregon Fans: Yeah, but we don't care about NFL talent, we care about star talent right now.
    NDSU Fans: The NFL draft is a better individual assessment of talent than the star rating system.
    Oregon Fans: Yeah, but we're bigger and stronger and faster.
    NDSU Fans: While on paper, we agree, we've seen this before (see above), and we have conditioning, scheme, and coaching to play with you.
    Oregon Fans: Yeah, but it sounds like you're inexperienced, too.
    NDSU Fans: Kind of sounds like we both have some inexperience coming in...
    Oregon Fans: Yeah but you can make the same argument about all football teams and players ever, but we're Oregon.
    NDSU Fans: That's not an argument.
    Oregon Fans: If there can be no arrangement, then it appears we are at an impass.
    NDSU Fans: I'm afraid so. I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
    Oregon Fans: You're that smart?
    NDSU Fans: You've heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
    Oregon Fans: (nods)
    NDSU Fans: Morons.
    If you still think Iowa and Kansas State are on par with Oregon as college football programs, this whole conversation is going nowhere. Congrats on taking all the Oregon fan posts, which have been reasonable, and spinning them to be as stupid as possible while also making up arguments that no Oregon fan ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by seaduck View Post
    If you still think Iowa and Kansas State are on par with Oregon as college football programs, this whole conversation is going nowhere. Congrats on taking all the Oregon fan posts, which have been reasonable, and spinning them to be as stupid as possible while also making up arguments that no Oregon fan ever made.
    Yeah, this person has not at all gone through the last 50 pages.

We've had reasonable and interesting conversations here, heffray. Would love for you to take part.

PS - I thought Plato wasn't officially a planet anymore

Quote Originally Posted by seaduck View Post
    Where would you like to see the conversation go exactly?

Just some playful satire from the heff.

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    When I watched Clemson vs Ohio state and the announcers where talking about Ohio state's o line and how big it is I remember thinking holy shit ndsu's o line is the same size if not a couple lbs heavier. Return all but one guy next year. 2 if you count TE I guess.
    There is a pretty significant quality difference between the Ohio State and NDSU. OL’s size is important but not everything. Having big 320 pound guys with poor flexibility and mobility isn’t any better than having 250 pound guys. I could walk into 50 high schools within a 30 miles of where I stand right now and find a kid from each with a frame that can hold 315 pounds and is 6’5 ish I wouldn’t find any with the mobility and flexibility to bend, anchor, or mirror like anyone on the Oregon or Ohio State Offensive Lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    No not really. It does not really assume anything at all about Oregon. It simply says that our guys will be well conditioned. They will be able to play a full sixty minutes and more perhaps even when pushing around peeps who outweigh them by some amount. NDSU won't wear down.

I recall seeing some report about the all world class Iowa strength and conditioning program and there was some video to go along with that. This was prior to their meeting with NDSU. I did not feel that Iowa was either stronger nor better conditioned than NDSU. I'll be shocked if we ever do encounter a school that is such.
    There is practical strength and there is raw weight lifting strength. I know the Iowa S&C Director is well respected but regardless of how good of a coach or instructor you are you can only tap into the ability of the athlete. If you have guys that lack natural hip flexion and pop no matter how much weight you put on the bar their explosive upside will be limited. That’s the main difference between Oregon and Iowa. Our average athlete 1-85 is a different athletic profile than Iowa of 2016. Not saying that means we we can lean on you and tire you out just saying that being able to stand up to the average (I know Iowa had some good top end players and talent they always do) athletic profile of Iowa 1-85 and standing up to Oregons aren’t a 1:1.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

This is going to be fun!

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Our DLine is a bit of a concern for me in this game but not because of size. We just didn't have the same quality of player this last year on the DLine especially in the middle. Will that area be better next year? I hope so. But this is also coming from a place of being completely spoiled and consistently having the best D and DLine in the league for years.
    Don’t let any Oregon fan tell you that size will matter. In general raw measurable size alone is pretty irrelevant. It helps but at this level it’s far more about length, frame distribution and explosiveness there is no inherent value in being massive unless you can use it. That’s what makes Penei Sewell such a rare athlete. Not that he’s 6’6 335 but that he’s 6’6 335 and moves like a guy who’s 265 and very explosive.

Ohio St does have 6 O linemen currently playing in the NFL and NDSU only has 2.

Just trying to add to the number of posts about things that have no bearing on this game!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Technique trumps size and athleticism. Having all is obviously ideal but very few do.
    Technique CAN Trump size and athleticism if the size and athleticism isn’t also very well coached and using great technique and leverage themselves. All things technically equal size and athletic talent wins. That won’t be the case in September. In terms of technical teaching you’ll be hard pressed to find a better staff for OL/DL development than Oregon’s in Power 5.