Page 187 of 390 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    NDSU is well known (not nearly as much as Oregon) for a well run S & C program.

Having a 300+ pound lineman isn't difficult. But getting them at or beyond 300# without looking like they swallowed a small child can be a big challenge.

NDSU has done a great job with this concept. I love this pic from Bison Illustrated.

These 6 guys averaged 306# on the 2018 roster, but don't have the unsightly enormous gut that is seen on a lot dudes that heavy.

https://www.bisonillustrated.com/vet...ffensive-line/
    Yes... I definitely agree that our O-Line next year will be a strength. Will be a very interesting match-up against what is likely one of the better D-Lines in the P5 (as we have been hearing...)
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by seaduck View Post
    That’s fair. It seems like even NDSU fans aren’t very confident in your D Line this year so I just don’t see that as somewhere you can expect any advantage.
    I don't know if it is so much a lack of confidence as it is a question mark. In the past we have had clear standouts coming in to the next season who we could point to and say yeah, there is a go to guy. This year there are no clear standouts at this time.

Last year I think most of us were wondering about our rookie HC and our untested QB. Oh, and most assuredly about our WR corps. So, there's that.

Technique trumps size and athleticism. Having all is obviously ideal but very few do.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I don't know if it is so much a lack of confidence as it is a question mark. In the past we have had clear standouts coming in to the next season who we could point to and say yeah, there is a go to guy. This year there are no clear standouts at this time.

Last year I think most of us were wondering about our rookie HC and our untested QB. Oh, and most assuredly about our WR corps. So, there's that.
    I get what you’re saying, but you can do the same with Oregon (or any team probably). We’re gonna have 4 new starters on the O-Line. The last time we had a new starter on our line it was Penei Sewell. Sewell becoming the best lineman in the country doesn’t tell me anything about how the 4 new starters will play.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post

The potential is there. Biegler/Ching have shown glimpses, but depth is a concern and how will they show vs a solid run game that Oregon has? Waege could always move inside.

DE will end up being good, but lack of experience is a concern. Cook was a monster vs Delaware before he got hurt. Ogbu hasnt really played. Pierce is young. Waege should be fine. McCormick is solid, but lacks speed and will likely be going against Sewell. We could use Cox as an edge rusher if we cant get to the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    The potential is there. Biegler/Ching have shown glimpses, but depth is a concern there and how will they show vs a solid run game that Oregon has? Waege could always move inside.

DE will end up being good, but lack of experience is a concern. Cook was a monster vs Delaware before he got hurt. Ogbu hasnt really played. Pierce is young. McCormick is solid, but lacks speed and will likely be going against Sewell. We could use Cox as a edge rusher if we cant get to the QB.
    I'd be willing to bet this will happen. Early.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    To be fair, Oregon cruised down the field covering 82 yards on 6 plays with their backup QB (Shough...next year's starter) and got down to the Montana 7 as time expired. The final was 35-3. I'm sure that both teams had some 2nd and/or 3rd string string guys in at that point.....but...
    There was extensive use of backups who played for several games. There was no reason for starters to play unless it was new guys becoming accustomed to their positions.

Quote Originally Posted by rockthief View Post
    There was extensive use of backups who played for several games. There was no reason for starters to play unless it was new guys becoming accustomed to their positions.
    We have had questions at times about some of our starters remaining in games that were clearly over and yet the clock still had time. We have been told or led to believe that these players remained in the game because while they can practice and they can train there is no replacement for real world in game minutes. Sooner or later a game will come along that requires the starters to play all 60, or even more.

Maybe we should see if this parking meter has any eligibility left since we have an available scholarship. I'm digging the Mike Pereira comment.

https://twitter.com/gamgeeeeee/statu...40793042112512

Edit: sorry - wrong thread. Mods feel free to move.
    Last edited by GreenfieldBison; 02-06-2020 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Wrong thread.

Let's recap the last 50 pages...

Oregon Fans: NDSU has never seen talent like our squad.
    NDSU Fans: I don't know about that, Kstate in 2013 was very good and Iowa was ranked 13.
    Oregon Fans: Yeah, but they didn't have the 4 and 5 star guys like we do.
    NDSU Fans: If you look at the NFL talent on the roster, especially in that 2016 Iowa team, I think you'll see otherwise.
    Oregon Fans: Yeah, but we don't care about NFL talent, we care about star talent right now.
    NDSU Fans: The NFL draft is a better individual assessment of talent than the star rating system.
    Oregon Fans: Yeah, but we're bigger and stronger and faster.
    NDSU Fans: While on paper, we agree, we've seen this before (see above), and we have conditioning, scheme, and coaching to play with you.
    Oregon Fans: Yeah, but it sounds like you're inexperienced, too.
    NDSU Fans: Kind of sounds like we both have some inexperience coming in...
    Oregon Fans: Yeah but you can make the same argument about all football teams and players ever, but we're Oregon.
    NDSU Fans: That's not an argument.
    Oregon Fans: If there can be no arrangement, then it appears we are at an impass.
    NDSU Fans: I'm afraid so. I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
    Oregon Fans: You're that smart?
    NDSU Fans: You've heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
    Oregon Fans: (nods)
    NDSU Fans: Morons.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery