Page 163 of 390 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    No they were in CA.

It's from the old puter game Oregon Trail.
    I still have that game in a box somewhere on 5 1/4 floppies.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
    He's honestly a good guy and is truly interested in just talking ball. He's extremely knowledgable and in addition to doing tons of film breakdowns on recruits, he also does live-streamed full game breakdowns of the previous week's games on Twitch. He gets 200-300 viewers watching those live and hundreds watching them after the fact. I'd say he does a more than decent job of being objective, but as you cant see, doesn't pull punches when talking X's and O's. As much as many here might perceive him as not understanding what NDSU football is, he did a decent amount of homework on the football program and has watched hours of film before he formed an opinion. If I could link content he has provided I would, but as he said, the site he works with is subscriber-based at $10/month. They often do specials like 1 month for $1 or 3 months for $10, which might be worth it to some if your interested in learning more about Oregon and how the matchup with NDSU is viewed from the eyes of the opponent.
    Well damn, usually I’d say you have to take me to dinner first but I’ll make an exception this one time.

I really appreciate the kind words and am glad you enjoy the content. I’ll work with Justin (owner of the site) on opening a free trash talk board for fans here to come chop it up on before the game for a couple weeks. I’m pretty sure he will go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Maybe they’ll wear that butt ugly gray one that looks like dirty dishwater
    If we wear grey pants I’ll take out a home equity line of credit and put it all on NDSU to win. Grey pants are cursed.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I’m feeling a little badly because I fear QB11 went away unsatisfied yesterday in his quest to discover detailed X’s and O’s here. I am tempted to take a shot but I am likely the least qualified for the task than anyone here.
    Not unsatisfied at all, I’ll hang around this thread still and look forward to more banter and analysis of the matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Would assume theyd wear green, yellow, or black at home. Could be wrong.
    We historically have been on a 2 year clock for new uniforms which means we should be getting a new kit for 2020. I’d guess that the first game will be kind of basic and they will pull something fun out for the tOSU game.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    Well damn, usually I’d say you have to take me to dinner first but I’ll make an exception this one time.

I really appreciate the kind words and am glad you enjoy the content. I’ll work with Justin (owner of the site) on opening a free trash talk board for fans here to come chop it up on before the game for a couple weeks. I’m pretty sure he will go for it.

Thanks for this. You've probably answered this already, but I'm not gonna look back through hundreds of posts to find it. How does your (predicted) new QB compare to dearly departed Herbert? IOW, what is his style? Dual threat or more of a thrower? Herbert really carried your offense last year, especially in your bowl game. Doubt you win that one without him, unless his backup was comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Graduated a couple guys with lots of playing time there but return a couple that saw quite a bit of action. We aren’t what we use to be on the D-line and it’s arguably the biggest step back we have taken and partially why teams ran on us so easily. Going back to 2011 we’ve gone into every offseason season with at least 1 returning All American, and usually 1 at DE and 1 at DT. Last year was one really good DE and this offseason nothing. Unless a redshirt comes in at that level all the returning guys just look like average fcs players which is scary to me facing you guys. I have hopes that we will see some guys become special but right now the entire D line lacks playmakers and any kind of dominance. Huge question mark for me. With all the recruiting hype we have had on that line, the attrition and lack of studs is bad
    This will be the matchup that likely dictates the score. Oregon will be breaking in some new OL including a new center and a new QB who will be in charge of the protections. Could be somewhat of an equalizer if NDSU tries to get more aggressive and confuse a less experienced group for UO. I would highly recommend not just sitting in your base front and trying to exchange punches because we are gonna be large and in charge up front next year.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Thanks for this. You've probably answered this already, but I'm not gonna look back through hundreds of posts to find it. How does your (predicted) new QB compare to dearly departed Herbert? IOW, what is his style? Dual threat or more of a thrower? Herbert really carried your offense last year, especially in your bowl game. Doubt you win that one without him, unless his backup was comparable.
    There is a split in the fan base on Herbert and I’ve been pretty decisively on one side of the argument since he was a sophomore. He is immensely talented. Massive arm, great looking athlete, big muscular frame, for the most part accurate, smart kid (4.1 pre med GPA), humble, local guy. Basically how you draw them up. However, in terms of being a football player and operating the offense at a high level, he left a ton on the field and was really just OK in my opinion. His natural gifts didn’t really show up as often as you’d think just reading the press clippings and he really struggled to process coverages and go through a progression. Some fans blame it on Marcus Arroyo our former OC/QB coach and maybe it is his fault but in my opinion he was just ok. They really schemed around him for the most part last season using a ton of control plays RPO’s, tunnel screens, RB screens, binary reads and relying heavily on the offensive line and run game to carry the offense. He far from carried our offense and I would argue based on the film study I’ve done that he was actually the biggest limiting factor for our offense last year. Which is pretty insane considering his physical tools and athletic profile. He will likely be a 1st round pick (because he’s 6’6 and has a howitzer) but as a college QB he wasn’t elite.

In terms of Shough he’s a good sized kid, 6’4 220 and has been in the program for 3.5 years this fall (RS Sophomore who enrolled mid year out of HS). He’s a really smooth athlete but not an explosive runner. When they did speed testing last Fall prior to the start of fall camp he barely edged out Herbert for fastest QB hitting a 20.96 MPH peak output in the 40 which is cruising right along. He was an Elite 11 finalist coming out of HS and has a really smooth high 3/4 delivery. He doesn’t have the generational arm talent that Herbert had (who does?) but he can make every throw on the field comfortably and he has really nice ball control/touch. He’s a super competitive kid that had an excellent spring last year, great fall camp and was 12/15 180 ish yards and 3 TD’s to no INTs in garbage time this year. One thing that Tyler Shough does not lack in the least bit is confidence, he’s a competitive confident dude. From what I’ve seen of him over a couple years where I’ll hit a couple closed practices a year he’s a quick processor and has a nice feel for the game. It’ll be his first start so I have no idea what to expect from him but his toolkit is very nice and he has a lot of upside.

Ask me after spring when I get to see him operate with the 1’s.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    I still have that game in a box somewhere on 5 1/4 floppies.
    How are you going to run it? In the Smithsonian? :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.