Page 14 of 390 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    wtf? NDSU is gonna get their asses kicked unless Oregon goes on sanctions...but who cares? seein them at autzen will be memorable
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    How is that different from every other P5 teams fans? Most don't know anything about teams outside the P5 and don't care to. Also they watch games for pure entertainment not for strategy or techniques or anthing else.
    What the hell are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Jude3 View Post
    Wow! I'm stoked we got a big name FBS game for the future! I gotta say, as excited as I am about this game, the match up worries me. Remember when Taiwan Jones destroyed our D? Try facing a team that is FILLED with that kind of athleticism. Or think back to when Oregon played Kansas State in the Fiesta bowl (2012?), it began with a sprint straight to the endzone for an Oregon TD and they never looked back. Don't get me wrong, I think NDSU can (and will) show up to play with pride, but it will be an extremely difficult game with all odds stacked against us. The other thing that worries me is how we love to rotate our players to keep them fresh. I'm not sure our guys will be able to do that if plays are being snapped within a few seconds of the last play. As tough as the game will be, I'm absolutely positive that regardless of the outcome, I will be as proud of the Herd as I've ever been. That's what makes being a Bison fan so great.
    Yeah man. The best team we've had barely beat K State.... The best K State team in awhile got their shit pushed in by Oregon. I think anyone EXPECTING a game will likely be sadly mistaken.* obviously anything can happen but that's the type of game I just don't want to get completely skullfucked in, and if for whatever reason it's competitive then that's amazing for the players.

*this assumes both teams remain similar to now

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Didn't he get hurt after running up 160 plus yards in the first half? Even with him being hurt we had a difficult time stopping them from moving down the field in the air.
    I don't want to look at thr box score because it's a repressed memory. OK I checked. He had 130 yards in the first 2 drives alone. (Both long runs) He finished with 230 yards and his last run was in the first drive of the 4th quarter. Take off his 2 longest runs and it's not quite as bad. It's like 100 yards on 18 carries. Still though the dude ran a 4.33 at the nfl combine on a bad ankle. Taiwan Jones ran one of thr fastest times in recent combine history, I doubt Oregon would have tons of guys THAT fast. They are obviously super fast though

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    So fucking in. We got this. going to a game at autzen is going to kick ass

Half of that is true
    Eugene is going to rock.....that's the fun part
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is going to be a trainload of fun! THANK YOU DUCKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post

And.........Lakes is there already.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    And.........Lakes is there already.
    I would guess slow hand is an NDSU guy also

Oregon >>>> Kansas st

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post

Yeah man. The best team we've had barely beat K State.... The best K State team in awhile got their shit pushed in by Oregon. I think anyone EXPECTING a game will likely be sadly mistaken.* obviously anything can happen but that's the type of game I just don't want to get completely skullfucked in, and if for whatever reason it's competitive then that's amazing for the players.

K state might have been a lot better team that year. That fourth quarter drive was as demoralizing as it gets. They might have been questioning themselves the rest of the season. There are a lot of schools that go in the tank after playing the Bison, their's just happened the first week. It's the Bison effect and it's real.

Seriously, if the Bison are playing football in five years like they have the past few years, they will find a way to keep the game from getting too out of hand. Generally in football the better team wins but sometimes the perfect storm happens and the perfect game plan falls in place. They are a perennial top 10 team though and that does put them in a different stratosphere but the bottom line it is still 11 guys vs. 11 guys on the field with an oblong shaped ball that takes funny bounces. I have always thought the Bison could be competitive with anyone ranked 15 on out, so it will be interesting to see what the ground and pound style of Bison football will do against 15 on in. Lastly, a couple more high profile games will certainly help recruiting so we may not have seen the best Bison team yet.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    K state might have been a lot better team that year. That fourth quarter drive was as demoralizing as it gets. They might have been questioning themselves the rest of the season. There are a lot of schools that go in the tank after playing the Bison, their's just happened the first week. It's the Bison effect and it's real.

Seriously, if the Bison are playing football in five years like they have the past few years, they will find a way to keep the game from getting too out of hand. Generally in football the better team wins but sometimes the perfect storm happens and the perfect game plan falls in place. They are a perennial top 10 team though and that does put them in a different stratosphere but the bottom line it is still 11 guys vs. 11 guys on the field with an oblong shaped ball that takes funny bounces. I have always thought the Bison could be competitive with anyone ranked 15 on out, so it will be interesting to see what the ground and pound style of Bison football will do against 15 on in. Lastly, a couple more high profile games will certainly help recruiting so we may not have seen the best Bison team yet.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Any given Saturday...games like this are great for the program...no doubt we are a huge underdog, 5yrs is a long ways

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Good point.

What the hell are you talking about?

You think the Bison are going to get their assses handed to them like USD last year? No frickin way.

Oregon has trouble with Stanford and their power running game. Ya, the Bison might lose but no way will they get blown out.